Global Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Drug Market By Treatment (Medication, Supplements, Blood Transfusion and Bone Marrow Transplant), Drugs (Eculizumab, Ravulizumab and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Direct, Online Pharmacy, Retailers and Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Drug Market
Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is growing at a healthy CAGR of 11.81% in the forecast period of 2020-2027. Increase in the special designation from the regulatory authority and presence of refined healthcare infrastructure are the factors for enhancing the market growth.
Market Outlook: Global Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Drug Market
Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) is a rare blood disorder that causes breakdown of red blood cells prematurely (hemolysis). This condition results when the body’s immune system attacks the red blood cells and breaks them down due to lacking of a protein that protects them. Sign and symptoms of this disorder include dark or bright red blood in urine, anemia, blood clotting in the veins, headaches, tiredness, shortness of breath, pale yellow skin.
- Increasing prevalence of blood disorders is driving the market growth
- Emergence of biologics that target causal hemolytic defect or abnormal hematopoietic stem cell is boosting the market growth in the forecast period
- High unmet demand for drugs in developing countries is also driving the market growth
- Rise in investment from government, public & private organizations for the development of novel drugs is acting as catalyst to market growth
- High cost of therapy and surgical procedures such as stem cell transplants (SCT) is restraining the market growth
- Adverse side effects of available treatments can impede the growth of the market in the forecast period
- Unfavorable reimbursement environment in developing regions is hindering the market growth
- Risks associated with bone marrow transplant is hampering the market growth
Global Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Drug Market Scope and Market Size:
Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is segmented of the basis of treatment, drugs, route of administration, distribution channel and end user. The growth among these specific segments will help users analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and difference in your target markets.
Based on treatment, the paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is segmented as medication, supplements, blood transfusion, and bone marrow transplant
Based on drugs, the paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is segmented as eculizumab, ravulizumab and others
Based on the route of administration, the paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is segmented into oral and parenteral
Based on the distribution channel, the paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is segmented as direct, online pharmacy, retailers and others
Based on end user, the paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others
Global Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Drug Market Country Level Analysis
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Kuwait, Rest of Middle East and Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Key Developments in the Market
- In Febraury 2019, Apellis Pharmaceuticals received the Fast Track designation from the U.S FDA for APL-2, a novel drug for the treatment of adults with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinura (PNH). This designation enables the company to work loosely with the U.S FDA and accelerates the review timelines which help patients to have access on treatment as quickly as possible.
- In December 2018, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc received the U.S FDA approval for Ultomiris (ravulizumab) injection to treat the adults with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinura (PNH). The approval of Ultomiris provides a novel treatment and major advance that offer complete care for many of these patients.
Paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market are Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Akari Therapeutics, Plc, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, CinnaGen Co, Ra Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Amgen Inc, Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Achillion Pharmaceuticals, Inc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Novartis AG, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc, BIOCAD, Samsung Bioepis, Amyndas Pharmaceuticals among others.
Research Methodology: Global Paroxysmal Nocturnal Hemoglobinuria Drug Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.