Global Particle Therapy Market By Type (Proton Therapy, Heavy Ion Therapy), Product & Service (Cyclotrons, Synchrotrons, Synchrocyclotrons), System (Multi-room Systems, Single-room Systems), Cancer Type (Pediatric Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Lung Cancer, Head and Neck Cancer, Other Cancers), Application (Treatment Applications, Research Applications), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Particle Therapy Market
Global Particle Therapy Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 865.0 million in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 1,787.8 million by 2026 registering a CAGR of 9.5% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increasing adoption of cyclotrons and technological advancement of these systems.
Market Definition: Global Particle Therapy Market
Particle therapy is defined as a form of external beam radiotherapy that uses beams of energetic neutrons, positive ions or protons for cancer treatment. Proton therapy, fast-neutron therapy, carbon–ion radiotherapy etc. are some of the various methods of particle therapy.
- Rising adoption of particle therapy in clinical trials and research activities has increased the particle therapy market demand
- Increasing occurrences of cancer is also acting as a major market driver
- High cost of particle therapy is acting as a major restraint for the market
- Lack of awareness regarding these therapies can hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Particle Therapy Market
- Proton Therapy
- Heavy Ion Therapy
By Product & Service
- Multi-room Systems
- Single-room Systems
By Cancer Type
- Pediatric Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Other Cancers
- Spine Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Brain Cancer
- Secondary/Reoccurring Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer,
- Treatment Applications
- Research Applications
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, IBA and Michigan announced the first irradiation of SPArc (Spot Scanning Proton Arc) Therapy plan to improve the robustness of the treatments and to increase the adoption of hypo-fractionation and dose escalation.
- In December 2017, Mitsubishi Electric Company signed an agreement for transferring its particle therapy business to Hitachi and integrating into one entity. This enabled Hitachi in improving its position in proton therapy market.
The global particle therapy market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of particle therapy market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global particle therapy market are Advanced Oncotherapy, IBA Worldwide, Accuray Incorporated, Brainlab, Elekta AB, Panacea, Shinva Medical Instrument Co. Ltd, xstrahl, Danfysik A/S, Hitachi Ltd., Mevion Medical Systems, Optivus Proton Therapy Inc., ProTom International, Provision Healthcare, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd., Varian Medical Systems Inc., SAH Global LLC, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V. and PTW Freiburg GmbH.
Research Methodology: Global Particle Therapy Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global particle therapy market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)