Global PDX Models Market, By Type (Mice Models, Rat Models), Tumor Type (Respiratory Tumor Models, Urological Tumor Models, Gastrointestinal Tumor Models, Hematological Tumor Models, Gynecological Tumor Models, Others), Application (Preclinical Drug Development & Oncology Research, Biomarker Analysis), End User (Contract Research Organization, Academic & Research Institutions, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherland, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia- Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East & Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027.
PDX models market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 16.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 356,248.18 thousand by 2027 from USD 104,005.11 thousand in 2019. Wide adoption of PDX models in preclinical research & increasing demand for personalized medicine in PDX models are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
In patient derived xenografts (PDX) models, the cancerous tumor or cells from the patients are transferred/ implanted into the immunodeficient rodents as mice or rat. PDX models are developed for the cancer research on the basis of expectations that these models have the capability to retain the tumor characteristics particularly for the patient derived orthotropic xenograft. Basically these models include the uninterrupted transfer of human disease sample into the mice.
PDX models are considered as an effective tool in the field of biomedical research, preclinical trials as both the species have similarities and these models have the capability of carrying the characteristics of the tumor, and also allow studying the tumor and its heterogeneity. They help in the evaluation of the tumor growth rate, life cycle of the tumor and growth rate of the tumor in different conditions. They also help in differentiating between the adult and childhood cancer. The adoption of the new therapies, patient specific therapies, and personalized medicine are all established by the use of PDX models in the basic cancer research and drug development.
The PDX models market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
PDX models market is segmented on the basis of type, tumor type, application, technique and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the global PDX models market is classified into mice models and rat models. In 2020, mice models segment is expected to dominate the market as researchers are increasingly using mice models more often than rats, because of mice superiority as genetic models. Further, smaller size of mice does offer some advantages, including requiring lower drug dosages, which makes them more cost-effective in drug development research.
- On the basis of tumor type, the global PDX models market is classified into gastrointestinal tumor models, lung tumor models, haematological tumor models, gynecological tumor models, respiratory tumor models, urological tumor models and others. In 2020, gastrointestinal tumor models segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing number of gastrointestinal tumor models along with increasing gastrointestinal tumor researches in academic & research institutions and contract research organizations.
- On the basis of application, the global PDX models market is classified into preclinical drug development, precision medicine, co-clinical trials, and basic cancer research. In 2020, basic cancer research disease segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing adoption of PDX models for basic cancer research. Basic cancer research is the characterization of cancer biology and to explore mechanisms which is involved for prediction or understanding of cancer. PDX models essentially provide importance in-vivo and ex-vivo evidence to aid basic studies of cancer, including tumor characterization, tumorigenesis, and metastasis.
- On the basis of technique, the global PDX models are segmented into heterotopic implantation and orthotropic implantation. In 2020, heterotopic implantation segment is expected to dominate the market as heterotopic implantation offers various advantages including easy methods of cell implantation, accurate monitoring of tumor size. Subcutaneous and intravenous PDX models, for solid tumors and leukemia, respectively, are the most widely used in cancer research. Moreover, heterotopic implantation is less technically challenging and time-consuming as compared to orthotropic implantation.
- On the basis of end user, the global PDX models segment is segmented into academic & research organizations, contract research organizations, pharmaceutical and biotechnological companies and others. In 2020 academic & research organizations segment is expected to dominate the market as the PDX models usage are continuously increasing in academic & research organizations for basic cancer research particularly for characterization of cancer biology, tumorigenesis and metastasis.
The PDX models market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, tumour type, application, technique and end user.
The countries covered in the PDX models market report are the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, rest of Asia-Pacific, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, rest of Europe, Brazil, Argentina, rest of South America, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, and rest of Middle East & Africa.
The North America region is expected to dominate the PDX models market in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 as usage of patient-derived xenograft (PDX) models is continuously increasing in the North America region from last few years due to the preclinical oncology work. Asia-Pacific is expected to grow with the highest CAGR due to increasing demand for personalized medicine in the region. The U.S. is leading the growth of the North America market due to increasing government initiatives for improving preclinical oncology work. Germany is dominating the European market with the increase in R&D activities in the pharmaceutical industries. China is leading the Asia-Pacific region because of increasing demand for personalized medicines in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Government and Private Sector is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the PDX Models Market
PDX models market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with PDX models sales, impact of advancement in the PDX models and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the PDX models market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and PDX Models Market Share Analysis
PDX models market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to PDX models market.
The major players covered in the report are Crown Bioscience Inc., THE JACKSON LABORATORY, Champions Oncology, Inc., Charles River Laboratories, Wuxi AppTec, Oncodesign, Aragen Bioscience, Biocytogen, Bioduro, BioModels, Creative Animodel, Covance Inc., EPO Berlin-Buch GmbH, EUROPDX., Explora BioLabs, Hera BioLabs, Horizon discovery Ltd., Pharmatest Services, Urospehere SAS, Xentech, Xenopat among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the PDX models market.
- In October 2019, Crown Bioscience Inc. announced strategic collaboration with NEXT Oncology for focusing more on preclinical drug development by providing new relevant models. This collaboration has helped the company to serve more customers as they have the global presence worldwide and could generate more revenue.
- In April 2018, THE JACKSON LABORATORY and European Bioinformatics Institute created first cancer research portal for PDX models. By using these models, researchers can understand better drug reaction on the patient which is patient specific too. This has provided wide variety of the models at one place quickly.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the PDX models market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for PDX models.
Customization Available: Global PDX Models Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.