Global Peracetic Acid Market By Product (Solution Grade, Distilled Grade), Type (Disinfectant, Sterilant, Sanitizer, Others), End-Use Industry (Healthcare, Food & Beverage, Water Treatment, Pulp & Paper, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Peracetic Acid Market
Global peracetic acid market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 8.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the Increasing water treatment procedures, high growth in the APAC market and benefits of peracetic acid over other substitute biocides. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017.
Market Definition: Global Peracetic Acid Market
Peracetic acid is an organic compound, which appear as a colourless liquid and gives a pungent odor. Peracetic acid is used as an antimicrobial in various household as well as industrial processes, including dairy processing plants, lavatories, medical facilities, agricultural processes, food establishment, pasteurizers in beverage, wineries, breweries plants among others. It helps in the prevention of biofilm formation in pulp industries and is utilized as a disinfectant for medical supplies.
- Increasing water treatment procedures has uplifted the demand of the market in the forecast period
- Benefits of peracetic acid over other substitute biocides will also help the market to grow in future
- Prevailing concerns regarding the safety and health of people is another factor boosting the market growth
- Rising demand of peracetic acid from end user industry including food & beverages, medical, paper & pulp industry can also surge the market growth
- Lack of knowledge of the product; this factor will hamper the market to grow in the forecast period
- High price of peracetic acid also acts as a restricting factor
- Exposure to peracetic acid can cause skin and eye irritation and long exposure can result in lung damage and asthma; these factors will impede the market growth
Segmentation: Global Peracetic Acid Market
- Solution Grade
- Distilled Grade
By End-Use Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Water Treatment
- Pulp & Paper
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, PeroxyChem, a subsidiary of Evonik Industries AG, is planning to open a peracetic acid–based wastewater-disinfection system at their Tennessee facility. The construction of this facility is expected to finish by January 2020. With this move, the company will be able to penetrate more into the market
- In November 2018, Evonik Industries AG, a manufacturer of peracetic acid (PAA) and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), have acquired PeroxyChem. The acquisition was done for USD 625 million. With this acquisition, the company will be able to provide their customers with high-growth and environmentally friendly specialty applications
Global peracetic acid market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of peracetic acid market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global peracetic acid market are Solvay, Kemira, Evonik Industries AG, MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC., PeroxyChem, Aditya Birla Chemicals, Ecolab, SEITZ Gmbh, Hydrite Chemical, Loeffler Chemical Corporation, Enviro Tech Chemical Services, Inc., Diversey, Inc, Airedale Chemical, ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED among others.
Research Methodology: Global Peracetic Acid Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved