Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market By Product (Vials, Bottles, Cartridges & Syringes, Ampoules), Drug (Generic, Branded, Biologic), Material (Plastics, Paper & Paperboard, Glass, Metal, Other Materials), Application (Oral, Injectable, Nasal, Others), Packaging Type (Primary Packaging, Secondary Packaging), Color (Amber, Clear), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market
Global pharmaceutical glass packaging market is set to witness substantial CAGR of 6.75% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. Rising demand of high protective features and high expansion activities by multinational is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market
Glass packaging is widely used in pharmaceutical industry because it increases the shelf life of the drug. This packaging help the manufacturer make their products different from other and enhance brand name. They are usually made of material like plastics, glass, metals, paper & paperboard etc. They have the ability to carry solids, liquid, and semi liquids. Growing pharmaceutical industry is the major factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Growth in pharmaceutical industry will drive the growth of this market
- Increasing R&D activities on pharmaceutical glass packaging will propel the market growth
- Rising concern towards environmental issues will also drive the growth
- Growing prevalence for recycled packaging products is another important factor driving market
- Availability of alternatives like plastics and metals in the market will also hamper the market growth
- Increasing issues related to the glass surface will restrain the growth of the market
Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market Segmentation:
- Small (<30 ml)
- Large (>30 ml)
- Small (<30 ml)
- Large (>30 ml)
- Cartridges & Syringes
- Paper & Paperboard
- Other Materials
By Packaging Type
- Primary Packaging
- Blister Packaging
- Prefillable Syringes
- Vials and Ampuls
- Other Primary Packaging Products
- Secondary Packaging
- Packaging Accessories
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2016, China Jianyin Investment Ltd announced that they have acquired SGD Pharma which will help them to provide better opportunities in Asia. This will help them to provide better solutions which will be beneficial for both company and customers.
- In November 2015, Corning announced that they have acquired pharmaceutical glass tubing business of Gerresheimer AG which will help the company to bring innovative changes and new technologies in pharmaceutical glass packaging market. This will also help them to serve better services to their customers and strengthen their position in the market.
Global pharmaceutical glass packaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of pharmaceutical glass packaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global pharmaceutical glass packaging market are Corning Incorporated, NIPRO, SGD Pharma, Stölzle Glass, Bormioli Pharma S.p.A., West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., SCHOTT AG, Gerresheimer AG, Beatson Clark, Ardagh Group S.A., APG, Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Şişecam Group, Shandong Pharmaceutical Glass Co., Ltd, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Limited, Amposan S.A., Acme Vial and Glass Company, LLC., O.Berk Company, LLC., DWK Life Sciences, BD.
Research Methodology: Global Pharmaceutical Glass Packaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete market analysis and forecasting
- Market definition, understanding the concept of pharmaceutical glass packaging
- Market drivers and restraints of the industry
- Market segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key players in the market and their analysis