Global Phenylketonuria Market By Types (Classic PKU, Mild PKU, Benign PKU), Test (Diagnostic Test, Screening Test), Treatment (Drug Therapy, Dietary Therapy, Gene Therapy), Application (Household, Hospitals, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Phenylketonuria Market
Global phenylketonuria market is set to witness a stable CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing cases of phenylketonuria worldwide and rising number of newborns with this disease are the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Phenylketonuria Market
Phenylketonuria is a genetic disorder which is usually caused by an enzyme deficiency which usually decreases the metabolism and amino acid phenylalanine. Benign PKU, Mild PKU and Classic PKU are some of the common type of the phenylketonuria. This is a kind of genetic disease which is usually inherited to a person through their parents. They are usually detected through diagnostic and screening test. Rising cases of phenylketonuria in new born is fueling the growth of this market.
- Increasing awareness among population about phenylketonuria is driving the market
- Advancement and development in healthcare industry will also drive market
- Rising R&D related to phenylketonuria will also propel the market growth
- Increasing number of screening procedures will also act as a driver for this market
- High cost of the treatment will restrain the market growth
- Strict government regulations related to phenylketonuria will also hamper the market growth
- Unfavorable repayment method will also restrain the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Phenylketonuria Market
- Classic PKU
- Mild PKU
- Benign PKU
- Diagnostic Test
- Screening Test
- Drug Therapy
- Dietary Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2018, BioMarin Pharmaceutical has received approval from FDA for their pegvaliase-pqpz which is specially designed for rare and serious genetic disease, phenylketonuria in adults. The main aim of the launch is to provide better treatment to the patient and meet the need and requirement of the patients who cannot control their blood Phe levels. This new treatment will provide better technology and treatment options to the patient.
- In October 2015, BioMarin Pharmaceutical announced that they have acquired o Merck Serono’s phenylketonuria (PKU) franchise which includes Kuvan (sapropterin dihydrochloride) and pegvaliase. This acquisition will help the BioMarin to use new technologies so that they can expand their PKU portfolio in U.S. and Canadian market. This will help the company to provide and meet the need and requirement of their customers.
Competitive Analysis: Global Phenylketonuria Market
Global phenylketonuria market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of phenylketonuria market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Phenylketonuria Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global phenylketonuria market are Codexis, American Gene Technologies Inc, Erytech Pharma, BioMarin, SOM Biotech, DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED; Synthetic Biologics, Inc., Danone Nutricia, Ajinomoto Cambrooke, Inc., Mead Johnson & Company, LLC.
Research Methodology: Global Phenylketonuria Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global phenylketonuria market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)