Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market By Raw Material (LDPE, PET, HDPE, PP, Others), End-Use Industry (Food, Beverages, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, Industrial, Household Care, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Global plastic bottles and containers market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 146.38 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 227.73 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.68% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the overall growth of the packaging industry due to the rise in demand for packaged and consumer-friendly easy to use products.
Market Definition: Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Plastic bottles are a type of packaging method that is can be defined as having a neck that is smaller than whole of the container and can be used for single use or as having continued reuse capabilities. These packaging methods are used majorly for the storage of liquids and beverages and differ in size and transparency according to the need and demand of the liquid they are storing.
Plastic containers can be defined as packaging containers that are made of plastic mixed with other substances and chemicals, and depending on the size and rigidity carry the varied type of contents. They are deemed reusable due to their cost and durability.
- Increasing adoption of lightweight-packaging methods resulting in change in preferences from heavy weighted packaging methods to plastic commercial packaging; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing concerns regarding global warming and levels of plastic wastes globally along with no viable methods for recycling of plastics; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
- By Raw Material
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- By End-Use Industry
- Household Care
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, CCC Packaging announced that they had acquired Polybottle Group Limited and Humberline Packaging Inc. to grow their company and expand their business operations in the region of Canada.
- In October 2018, HOKKAN HOLDINGS LIMITED announced that they have agreed to acquire Deltapack. With this acquisition HOKKAN hopes to meet the growing demand for sustainable and recyclable plastic packaging methods of the region and expand their production capacity with already established plants by the local manufacturer.
Competitive Analysis: Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Global plastic bottles and containers market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of plastic bottles and containers market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the plastic bottles and containers market are CKS Packaging, Inc.; Comar, LLC; Amcor Limited; Cospack America Corp.; Graham Packaging Company; Sonoco Products Company; Sealed Air; Smurfit Kappa; Plastipak Holdings, Inc.; Alpha Packaging; Berry Global Inc.; Container Corporation of Canada; Aaron Packaging, Inc.; CCC Packaging; HOKKAN HOLDINGS LIMITED; Gerresheimer AG; Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited; Mpact; PDG Plastiques; Esterform Ltd and RESILUX NV.
Research Methodology: Global Plastic Bottles and Containers Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete market analysis and forecasting
- Market definition, understanding the concept of plastic bottles and containers
- Market drivers and restraints of the industry
- Market segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key players in the market and their analysis