Global Platelet Function Testing Market By Product (Systems, Reagents, Accessories), Applications (Research, Clinical, Pharmaceutical Development, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Blood Banks, Diagnostic Centers, Academic Institutions, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Platelet Function Testing Market
Global platelet function testing market is expected to register a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the innovations of technology associated with platelet testing.
Market Definition: Global Platelet Function Testing Market
Platelet function testing is a diagnostic procedure undertaken for detecting any disorders associated with the platelets. Platelets are blood cells present in the blood responsible for its timely clotting to the areas where the surface has been damaged and affected. These platelets travel to the damaged area and form a clot which inadvertently stops the flow of blood from that specific area. This diagnostic test is undertaken to detect the functioning of platelets and whether they are performing at the optimal levels.
- Increasing incidences of platelet disorders such as thrombocythemia and thrombocytopenia is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing levels of geriatric population globally resulting in expanded patient pool of patients who are more prone to need platelet tests for the detection of platelet disorders; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Lack of standardizations associated with these diagnostic tests is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Requirement of fresh blood samples to complete and present the accurate platelet function tests is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Platelet Function Testing Market
- Pharmaceutical Development
- Blood Banks
- Diagnostic Centers
- Academic Institutions
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2017, WerfenLife, S.A. through their subsidiary Instrumentation Laboratory announced that they had acquired Accriva Diagnostics, allowing for Instrumentation Laboratory in expansion of their product portfolios in point-of-care settings as well as expanding their hemostasis products and services.
- In August 2015, Sysmex Corporation announced that they had received in vitro approval for their platelet aggregation kits that are designed to be utilized in hemostasis field in combination with company’s “AUTOMATED BLOOD COAGULATION ANALYZERS CS-5100/2500/2400/2100i/2000i”. This kit allows for better testing of platelets through standardized equipment.
Competitive Analysis: Global Platelet Function Testing Market
Global platelet function testing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of platelet function testing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Platelet Function Testing Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global platelet function testing market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Fresenius; Siemens; TERUMO BCT, INC.; Haemonetics Corporation; AggreDYNE.com; Helena Laboratories; SENTINEL; Sysmex Corporation; Bio/Data Corporation; Haemochrom Diagnostica GmbH; Pathway Diagnostics Limited; LABiTec LAbor BioMedical Technologies GmbH; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Chrono-log Corporation; Drucker Diagnostics; Matis Medical Inc.; WerfenLife, S.A.; Quest Diagnostics Incorporated and PerkinElmer Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Platelet Function Testing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global platelet function testing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)