Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market By Technological Offering (Solid Phase, Lateral Flow, Agglutination Assays, Flow-Through), Clinical Application (Tropical Diseases, Inflammatory Diseases, Liver Disorders, HIV, Respiratory Disorders, HAIs, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Home-Care, Clinics, Diagnostic & Research Laboratories, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market
Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market of which point of care infectious disease is a part of is expected to grow from its initial estimated value of USD 21.85 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 41.65 billion by 2026.
Global point of care infectious disease market is expected to grow with a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018, and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to rising advancements in the market resulting in innovative product offerings.
Market Definition: Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market
Point of care infectious disease can be defined as the diagnostic services and products that are used for the detection and identification of infectious diseases in patients that provide the results in a significantly reduced time period and in close quarters to the care provision services to the patient.
- Increase in demand from developing economies due to the lack of infrastructure of research and diagnostic laboratories; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing prevalence of infectious diseases globally is expected to be one of the major factors driving the market growth
- Time consuming and presence of strict regulations associated with the approval and commercialization of point-of-care devices is one of the major factors restraining the market growth
Segmentation: Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market
- By Technological Offering
- Solid Phase
- Lateral Flow
- Agglutination Assays
- By Clinical Application
- Tropical Diseases
- Inflammatory Diseases
- Liver Disorders
- Respiratory Disorders
- Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- By End-User
- Diagnostic & Research Laboratories
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Abbott announced the launch of a new point-of-care test in Netherlands for the detection of HIV infection. The test termed as “m-PIMA HIV-1/2 VL”. The test helps in identifying the treatment options for the patients in a single visit as it delivers the results of test within 70 minutes.
- In January 2018, Siemens Healthcare GmbH announced that they had completed the acquisition of Fast Track Diagnostics. The acquisition will help in improving the service capabilities of Siemens infectious disease diagnostic solutions and also help in enhancing the product portfolios of the company.
Competitive Analysis: Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market
Global point of care infectious disease market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of point of care infectious disease market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market
Danaher; Abbott; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; BD; Trinity Biotech Ireland; AccuBioTech Co., Ltd.; Cardinal Health; Thermo Fisher Scientific; Calypte; Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.; Meridian Bioscience, Inc.; MedMira Inc.; Sekisui Diagnostics; OraSure Technologies, Inc.; Quidel Corporation; Siemens Healthcare GmbH are some of the competitors currently present in the market.
Research Methodology: Global Point of Care Infectious Disease Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global point of care infectious disease market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)