Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market By Product (Consumables, Instruments), Application (Hyperlipidemia, Hypertriglyceridemia, Hyperlipoproteinemia, Tangier Disease, Familial Hypercholesterolemia, Others), Mode (OTC-Based Testing, Prescription-Based Testing), End-User (Hospitals, Clinics, Research & Diagnostic Laboratories, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market
Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market of which point of care (POC) lipid test is a part of is expected to grow from its initial estimated value of USD 21.85 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 41.65 billion by 2026.
Global point of care (PoC) lipid test is expected to grow with a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018, and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the rise in obesity levels that have resulted in a subsequent rise of cholesterol levels in the population.
Market Definition: Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market
Point-of-care lipid test can be defined as the tests taking place near the patient as well as the care offered to them. This process of diagnosing the lipid levels in blood has seen a significant reduction in time taken between the diagnosis of the product and correct treatment or next course of action being offered to the patients.
- Increasing adoption of home-based diagnostic tests and POC testing devices in the home-care; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increasing levels of population involved in unhealthy eating habits has seen a result in adoption of lipid tests and services due to the increase in levels of cholesterols
- Lack of confidence over the various point-of-care testing products due to the product recalls from the various market competitors; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market
- By Product
- By Application
- Tangier Disease
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- By Mode
- OTC-Based Testing
- Prescription-Based Testing
- By End-User
- Research & Diagnostic Laboratories
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2017, Abbott announced that they had completed the acquisition of Alere Inc. This acquisition is expected to form a global leader in the point-of-care diagnostics market due to both the companies’ expertise in the rapid diagnostics services.
- In July 2016, Sinocare announced that they had completed the acquisition of PTS Diagnostics, this acquisition will help in establishing Sinocare’s division for rapid point-of-care product offerings due to PTS Diagnostics’ expertise in the same.
Competitive Analysis: Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market
Global point of care (PoC) lipid test market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of point of care (PoC) lipid test market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market
Abbott; Abaxis; PTS Diagnostics; F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd; Samsung Medison Co., Ltd.; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; The Menarini Group; Nova Biomedical; AccuBioTech Co., Ltd.; BD; Chembio Diagnostic Systems, Inc.; Danaher; EKF Diagnostics; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Quidel Corporation; Sekisui Diagnostics; Siemens; Trinity Biotech Ireland are few of the major competitors present in the market.
Research Methodology: Global Point of Care (PoC) Lipid Test Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global point of care (PoC) lipid test market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)