Global Polymerization Initiator Market By Type (Persulfate, Peroxides, Aliphatic AZO Compounds, Others), Active Species (Free Radical, Anionic, Cationic), Application (Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polystyrene, ABS, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Polymerization Initiator Market
Global polymerization initiator market is set to witness a substantial CAGR 4.45% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Growth in packaging industry and increasing awareness about the multi- functionality of polymerization initiators are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Polymerization Initiator Market
Initiators are source of any chemical element that binds with a monomer to form an interface compound that can subsequently link into a polymeric compound with large number of other monomers. Polymerization initiators are used in radical polymerization so they can control initiation by light or heat. These initiators should be soluble in solvent and temperature should be below or at the boiling point of the solvent which is used during the process of the polymerization. They are widely used in application such as polyethylene, polypropylene, polystyrene and other.
- Rising R&D investment to improve polymerization process will drive the market growth
- Increasing demand from various end- users will also accelerate the growth of this market
- Growing demand of high-performance polymer acts as a market driver
- Rising demand for organic peroxides from coating, elastomer and adhesives manufacturers will also enhance the market growth
- Increasing safety concerns of these initiators will restrict the market growth
- Growing demand for recycles plastics also acts as a restraining factor for this market growth
Segmentation: Global Polymerization Initiator Market
- Aliphatic AZO Compounds
By Active Species
- Free Radical
- Polyvinyl Chloride
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, United Initiators GmbH announced the acquisition of Hidrojen Peroksit A.S which is a single plant producer of hydrogen peroxide. This acquisition will help the company to participate in different non- polymer applications such as water treatment, textile, mining, electronics and other. This will help the company to strengthen their position in the market and will expand their offering. This will also improve the production and efficiency of plants so they can provide better H2O2
- In March 2019, Nouryon announced the launch of their new Butanox M-50 Vanishing Red peroxide which is less dangerous dye solvent and is very safe for customers and also decreases the environmental impact. This new sustainable solution for curing unsaturated polyester resin
Global polymerization initiator market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of polymerization initiator market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global polymerization initiator market are Arkema, LANXESS, BASF SE, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Nouryon, Celanese Corporation, United Initiators, ADEKA CORPORATION, MPI Chemie B.V., NOF CORPORATION, PeroxyChem., MITSUBISHI GAS CHEMICAL COMPANY, INC, PERGAN Hilfsstoffe für industrielle Prozesse GmbH, Merck KGaA, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, Pressure Chemical Co., The AKP CHEMICAL, DONGSUNG HOLDINGS., Otsuka Chemical Co.,Ltd., among others.
Research Methodology: Global Polymerization Initiator Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved