Global Polyols Market By Type (Polyether Polyols and Polyester Polyols), Application (Flexible Polyurethane Foam, Rigid Polyurethane Foam, CASE), End-User (Construction, Transportation, Furniture, Packaging, Carpet Backing and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Polyols Market
Global polyols market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The high growth of this market is due to the high growth of the construction and automotive industries in the developing nations. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017.
Market Definition: Global Polyols Market
A polyol is an organic compound that contains various groups of hydroxyl. Polyols are mainly used in polymer chemistry to produce polyurethane by isocyanate reaction, which is mainly used in the production of polyurethane foam coatings, adhesives and sealants, elastomers and others. The worldwide polyol industry is experiencing important development as a result of increased demand for polyurethane across multiple end-user sectors, such as automotive, building, electronics, furnishing, footwear among others.
- Increasing demand for flexible polyurethane foam is expected to drive the polyols market
- Rising building & construction industry due to growing urbanization & industrialization in developing nations will boost the market growth
- Increasing demand for bio-based polyols will fuel the growth of the market in the forecast period
- Growing demand of PU-based foams in electronic & electrical industries also acts as a market driver
- Availability of substitutes can hinder the market growth
- Stringent environmental regulations on the manufacturing of polyurethane foams is another factor restricting the growth of the market
- Volatile prices of raw materials will also impede the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Polyols Market
- Polyether Polyols
- Polyester Polyols
- Flexible Polyurethane Foam
- Rigid Polyurethane Foam
By End User
- Carpet Backing
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Covestro AG launched its First thermoplastic polyurethanes (TPU) containing polyether carbonate polyols based on carbon dioxide technology. The main aim from this launch is to expand the product portfolio and fulfil the growing demand of customers
- In April 2018, Emery Oleochemicals has launched a new line of aromatic-containing EMEROX polyols that offers better performance in low temperature insulation, improved blowing agent management and efficiency that will open new opportunities for the company in the market
Global polyols market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of polyols market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global polyols market are Huntsman International LLC, Eastman Chemical Company, DIC CORPORATION, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Tosoh Corporation, Woodbridge, RTP Company, BASF SE, DOW, Cargill, Incorporated, DuPont, LANXESS, Emery Oleochemicals, Covestro AG, Gulshan Polyols Ltd., Novomer Inc., Coim Group among others.
Research Methodology: Global Polyols Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved