Global POS Terminals Market By Component (Hardware, Software, Services), Type (Fixed POS Terminals, Portable and Mobile POS), Application (Restaurant, Hospitality, Healthcare, Retail, Warehouse / Distribution, Entertainment, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa). – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global POS Terminals Market
Global POS terminals market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 8% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Rising investment in healthcare facilities from Germany, France, and the U.K is expected to drive the market.
Market Definition: Global POS Terminals Market
POS (point of sale system) Terminals is an electronic device which is utilized for process card payments at retail locations. This device reads the information of debit and credit cards of customers. Increasing adoption of real time analytics features globally accelerates the growth of POS Terminals market. POS provide customer's location of payment at your shop for products or services. Whenever a client makes a purchase at your shop, a point of sale transaction is completed.
- Increasing utilization in warehouse management is driving the market
- Growing adoption of real time analytics features is driving the market
- Rising investment in healthcare facilities from Germany, France, and the U.K is expected to drive the market
- Increasing end-user industries, such as restaurant, retail, and hospitality, owing to its portability is expected to drive the market
- Rising concern about data security act as a restraint for the market
- Strict rules and regulation of government is hampering the market growth
- Rising online transaction will restrict the market
Segmentation: Global POS Terminals Market
- Fixed POS Terminals
- Portable and Mobile POS
- Warehouse / Distribution
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, Cisco Systems, Inc. acquired Singularity Networks which is a network infrastructure analytics company. The Singularity Networks provides solutions for network monitoring and analytics for service provider and complex enterprise networks. This acquisition helps the company to strengthen their service providing ability.
- In October 2018, Equinox Payments launched Luxe 3300a, which is a type of Apollo AIO countertop terminal. This counter top terminal is PCI 5.x certified and gives highest level of security. This product launch helps the company to enhance their portfolio and attract new customers.
Global POS terminals market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of POS terminals market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global POS terminals market are Cisco Systems, Inc., Apple Inc., Equinox Payments, HP Development Company, L.P., Ingenico Group, iVeri, Micros Retail Systems, Inc., Miura Systems Ltd., NCE Corporation, Panasonic Corporation of North America, PAX Technology, Samsung, Toshiba Tec Corporation, Vectron Systems SA, VeriFone, Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated, Yoco Technologies (Pty) Ltd among others.
Research Methodology: Global POS Terminals Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved