Global Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanners Market By Product Type (Full Ring PET Scanners, Partial Ring PET Scanners), Applications (Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Orthopedics, Urology, Gastroenterology, Others), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanners Market
Global positron emission tomography (PET) scanners market is registering a substantial CAGR of 5.6% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the increasing acceptance of PET scanning and increasing patient awareness concerning the benefits of positron emission tomography scanning.
Market Definition: Global Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanners Market
Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan is an MRI study that helps to find out how your tissues and organs are working. For this operation, a PET scan utilizes a radioactive medicine (tracer). Sometimes this test can identify diseases before it appears in other MRI exams. Depending on the organ or tissue researched, the tracer may be inserted, eaten or burned. In regions of your organism, the tracer gathers greater concentrations of chemistry, which often match disease regions. These regions appear as luminous places in a PET scan.
- Increasing acceptance of PET scanning is contributing to the growth of the market
- Growing number of cancer patient is boosting the growth of the market
- Technical innovations in PET is propelling the growth of the market
- Increasing patient awareness concerning the benefits of positron emission tomography scanning is driving the growth of the market
- Strict regulatory rules is hampering the growth of the market
- Price related with PET scan is hindering the growth of the market
- Shorter half-life of radioisotopes is restricting the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanners Market
By Product Type
- Full Ring PET Scanners
- Partial Ring PET Scanners
By End User
- Diagnostic Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2019, Siemens Healthineers has announced that the fresh Biograph Vision Positron Emission Tomography / Computed Tomography (PET / CT) device has been deployed at the University of Pennsylvania Hospital (HUP) in Philadelphia, the first healthcare organisation to introduce technology in the United States. This tool helps to increase PET / CT modeling to a fresh stage of precision and efficiency.
- In December 2017, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center engaged in fresh PET / CT technologies to benefit clients by offering half-time and half-radiation with a high-quality picture. The Discovery IQ PET is the recent technology and we look forward to its benefit for our clients. This technique is so essential for us to identify disease and determine the easiest way to treat it.
Global positron emission tomography (PET) scanners market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of positron emission tomography (PET) scanners market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the global positron emission tomography (PET) scanners market are Positron Corporation, CellSight Technologies., RefleXion., Clarity Pharmaceuticals, PETsys Electronics SA, Blue Earth Diagnostics Limited., Qubiotech Health Intelligence S.L., Advanced Accelerator Applications, Eli Lilly and Company, Agfa-Gevaert Group., CMR Naviscan., Neusoft Corporation, Siemens, Segamicorp, ONCOVISION., MedX Holdings, Inc, Modus Medical Devices Inc., Radiology Oncology Systems, Kindsway Biotech, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY and others.
Research Methodology: Global Positron Emission Tomography (PET) Scanners Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global positron emission tomography (PET) scanners market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level