Global Potting Compound Market By Resin Type (Epoxy, Polyurethane, Silicone, Polyester, Polyamide, Polyolefin, Acrylics), Function (Corrosion Resistance, Insulation), Curing Techniques (UV Curing, Thermal Curing, Room Temperature Curing), Application (Electrical, Electronics), End-Users (Electronics, Transportation, Energy & Power, Industrial, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Potting Compound Market
Global potting compound market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 3.89 billion by 2026 registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant rise in the utilization of consumer electronics as well as better protecting agents for the electronic goods.
Market Definition: Global Potting Compound Market
Potting compounds are chemical substances or materials that are utilized during the potting process of electronic circuits, boards and various components. This process utilizes the gel-like substance for completing the electronic assembly so that it can resist shock, vibration, water and various other environmental factors.
- High growth of the urbanization globally resulting in increased usage of electronics and consumer goods, this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing adoption of miniature electronic devices requiring better protection and resistance characteristics, this factor is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Rise in the overall expenditure incurred for adopting electronics from the various end-users, is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Lack of compatibility of these compounds with every product and application-specific characteristics, are expected to act as a restraint to the growth of the market
- Requirement of certain conditions such as high thermal curing and utilization of more than one system while applying these compounds, are factors restricting the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Potting Compound Market
By Resin Type
- Corrosion Resistance
By Curing Techniques
- UV Curing
- Thermal Curing
- Room Temperature Curing
- Cable Joints
- Industrial Magnets
- Surface Mount Packages
- Beam Bonded Components
- Memory Devices & Microprocessors
- High Power Devices
- Energy & Power
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In May 2019, Electrolube announced the launch of five new encapsulating resins for the Indian region that have been manufactured at their local facility sourced from local raw materials to reduce the overall cost associated with the products while still providing the overall leadership quality. The product branded as, “SC4004”, “SC4003”, “ER6003”, “ER6004” and “ER6007” are designed to meet the growing regional demand at a very competitive cost without compensating on the quality.
- In October 2018, INTERTRONICS announced the launch of a new gel-based potting compound termed as “WACKER SilGel 612” which is designed to provide excellent absorption against shocks and vibrations while providing the conventional benefits of resistance against water along with other environmental factors. The product is also flame retardant while being transparent and giving clear visibility.
Global potting compound market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of potting compound market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global potting compound market are ELANTAS Beck GmbH, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Master Bond Inc., Dymax Corporation, Electrolube, CHT UK Manchester Ltd, EFI Polymers, CHT Germany GmbH, Epic Resins - Compounds and Resins for Industry, INTERTRONICS, MG Chemicals, Dow, H.B. Fuller Company, THREEBOND INTERNATIONAL, INC, Hubei Huitian new materials stock Co.,LTD., NAGASE & CO., LTD., Techsil, 3M, Aremco, Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd., Wacker Chemie AG, Huntsman International LLC, LORD Corporation, RBC Industries Inc and Shanghai SEPNA Chemical Technology Co., Ltd., among others.
Research Methodology: Global Potting Compound Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved