Global Propylene Oxide Market, By Production Process (Chlorohydrin, Styrene Monomer, TBA Co-Product, Hydrogen Peroxide, Cumene-Based), By Application (Polyether Polyols, Propylene Glycol, Glycol Ethers, Others) By End-user (Automotive, Building & Construction, Chemical & Pharmaceutical, Textile & Furnishing, Packaging, Electronics, Others)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Propylene Oxide Market
The global propylene oxide market accounted for USD 13.51 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015, 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Propylene Oxide Market
Propylene oxide is a highly reactive chemical intermediate used, for the most part, in the manufacture of polyether polyols for urethanes, propylene glycols, glycol ethers, 1,4-butanediol, and polyalkylene glycols for a variety of chemical intermediates and functional fluids. There is a growing demand for propylene oxide in automotive, building & construction, chemical & pharmaceutical, textile & furnishing, packaging and electronics industrial activates, which is expected to be one of the major drivers of the market over the next seven years.
Major Market Drivers:
- Rising demand for propylene oxide from end-use industries
- Demand for polyether polyols for the production of polyurethanes
- Toxicity of propylene oxide
- New bio-based feedstock for polyurethane
- Price volatility of raw materials
Market Segmentation: Global Propylene Oxide Market
- The propylene oxide market is segmented on the basis of production process into chlorohydrin, styrene monomer, TBA co-product, hydrogen peroxide and cumene-based.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into polyether polyols, propylene glycol, glycol ethers, and others.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into automotive, building & construction, chemical & pharmaceutical, textile & furnishing, packaging, electronics and others.
- On the basis of geography, the propylene oxide market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global Propylene Oxide Market
The global propylene oxide market is fragmented with the presence of a large number of players across different regions. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global Propylene Oxide Market
Some of the major players in propylene oxide market LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., The Dow Chemicals, SK Chemicals, Royal Dutch Shell, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., BASF SE, Huntsman International LLC., AGC Chemicals, Repsol, CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Limited, Air Liquide, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., China Petrochemical Corporation, Eastman Chemical Company, Mitsui Chemicals, Inc., LOTTE CHEMICAL CORPORATION, PetroChina International Co., Ltd., Ineos Group Limited, Tokuyama Corporation, Hanwha Group and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Propylene Oxide Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.