Global Protective Packaging Market By Material (Foam Plastics, Paper & Paperboard, Plastics, Others), Type (Rigid Protective Packaging, Flexible Protective Packaging, Foam Protective Packaging), Function (Cushioning, Blocking & Bracing, Void Fill, Insulation, Wrapping), Application (Food & Beverage, Industrial Goods, Health Care, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Household Appliances, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Protective Packaging Market
Global Protective Packaging Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 25.89 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 40.46 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.74% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing health awareness among consumer.
Market Definition: Global Protective Packaging Market
Protective packaging is specially designed so that they can protect the product from getting damaged from shocks, vibration, atmosphere etc. They usually consist of liner, spacers and storage container. Edge boards, bubble wraps, corner blocks, packaging inserts, corrugated wrap, packing peanuts etc. are used to protect the product. Increasing online purchasing among consumer is a factor which is fuelling this market.
- Increasing trend of home delivery of food is driving the growth of this market.
- Increasing urbanization and changing lifestyle of the people is driving the market.
- High cost of the raw material is restraining the growth of this market.
- Increasing environmental concern among people about the hazardous effects of plastics is restraining the growth of this market.
Segmentation: Global Protective Packaging Market
- By Material
- Foam Plastics
- Paper & Paperboard
- By Type
- Rigid Protective Packaging
- Corrugated Paperboard Protectors
- Molded Pulp
- Insulated Shipping Containers
- Flexible Protective Packaging
- Protective Mailers
- Bubble Wraps
- Air Pillows/Air Bags
- Paper Fill
- Foil Pouches/Bags
- Stretch and Shrink Films
- Foam Protective Packaging
- Molded Foam
- Foam in Place (FIP)
- Loose Fill
- Foam Rolls/Sheets
- By Function
- Blocking & Bracing
- Void Fill
- By Application
- Food & Beverage
- Industrial Goods
- Health Care
- Consumer Electronics
- Household Appliances
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
- Rigid Protective Packaging
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2016, 3M announced that they have sold their temporary protective films business to Pregis LLC. These films were used in many industries like automotive, building and construction etc. and had the annual global sale of USD 50 million. As 3M want to focus more on adhesive, sealants and tape business they sold it to Pregis. This will help the Pregis to expand their business and will make their protective films more efficient.
- In September 2016, Sonoco ThermoSafe announced that from Clinimed (Holdings) Limited they have acquired Laminar Medica. The main goal is to expand their business worldwide and provide their customers with best parcel and pallet solutions.
Competitive Analysis: Global Protective Packaging Market
Global protective packaging market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of protective packaging market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Protective Packaging Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the protective packaging market are Smurfit Kappa, Sealed Air, Sonoco Products Company, Huhtamaki, Dow, DS Smith, Pregis LLC., Pro-Pac Packaging Group Pty Ltd, WestRock Company, STOROPACK HANS REICHENECKER GMBH, Ranpak Inc., supreme.co.in, 3M, Nichrome Packaging Solutions, Cartonajes Vir S A, Intertape Polymer Group, MJS Packaging, Placon, Riverside Paper Co. Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Protective Packaging Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete Market analysis and forecasting
- Market Definition, understanding the concept of protective packaging
- Market Drivers and Restraints of the industry
- Market Segmentations and market share divided amongst them
- Key Players in the market and their analysis