Global Protein Beverages Market By Type (Whey, Casein, Rice, Egg, Milk, Pea, Soy, Hemp, Others), Source (Animal-Based, Plant-Based), Packaging (Cans, Bottles, Cartons), Sales Channel (Supermarkets & Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, E-Commerce, Others), Application (Sports Nutrition, Functional Nutrition), End-User (Adults, Kids), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Protein Beverages Market
Global protein beverages market is expected to rise to register a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the growing base of consumers globally due to the focus of better fitness levels amongst the population.
Market Definition: Global Protein Beverages Market
Protein beverages are drinkable products produced with a high quantity of proteins present as an ingredient to meet the required intake of proteins by consumers. These consumers are generally athletes, gym-going individuals, body-builders and even other sports personalities. These beverages are commonly added in with additional flavours to ensure that the consumers can consume these beverages with additional taste benefits along with the various nutritional benefits that they conventionally offer.
- Increasing focus of individuals on enhancing the levels of health amid growing awareness of protein drinks; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing consumption for ready-to-drink beverage products is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Increasing demands for plant-based protein and its beverages is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Various introduction and product launches globally acts as a market driver
- Concerns regarding the negative effects that continued consumption of protein has on the body such as weight gain, high levels of cholesterol & blood and various other chronic disorders restricts the market growth
- Lack of sustainability of these drink category leads to significant complications for the patients such as nutritional deficiency, risks for heart diseases and kidney disorders also hampers the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Protein Beverages Market
By Sales Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Sports Nutrition
- Functional Nutrition
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Glanbia plc’s performance nutrition business division segments, Optimum Nutrition and ISOPURE announced the launch of several products during the NACS Show 2018 held in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States from October7-10, 2018. Optimum Nutrition announced the availability of anytime energy beverage branded as “Essential Amin.O. Energy+Electrolytes”, while ISOPURE announced the upgraded version of their “Zero Carb” protein drink
- In July 2018, Upbeat Drinks announced the availability of fruit spring waters integrated with a combination of protein and vitamins nutrients. The drinks are available in two flavour variants of summer lemon and blueberry & raspberry in 500ml quantity. The packaging has been designed to be significantly impactful on the minds of consumers as the combination of real fruit with whey proteins create a highly nutritional drink that does not contain any additional sugar
Global protein beverages market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of protein beverages market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global protein beverages market are Abbott; CSC BRANDS, L.P.; Kellogg NA Co; PepsiCo Inc.; The Coca-Cola Company; Hebei Yangyuan ZhiHui Beverage Co Ltd; Hebei Chengde Lulu Co., Ltd.; Premier Nutrition Corporation; CytoSport, Inc.; Arla Foods amba; Nestlé; SlimFast; Orgain, Inc.; FOUNDATION FITNESS; Koia Inc.; OPTIMUM NUTRITION, INC; Powerful Foods, LLC among others.
Research Methodology: Global Protein Beverages Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure