Global Pulse Ingredients Market By Function (Emulsification, Texturization, Gelation, Water-Holding, Adhesion, Film Forming, Blending), Type (Pulse Flours, Pulse Starch, Pulse Proteins, Pulse Fibres & Grits), Source (Lentils, Peas, Beans, Chickpeas), Application (Food & Beverages, Feed, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026;
Market Analysis: Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Global pulse ingredients market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 5.10% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to rising health awareness, high protein content and increased application in various food products.
Market Definition: Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Pulse ingredients are those ingredients that are derived from fractions of lentils, peas, beans or chickpeas. They are commercially available in various forms such as flour, starch, proteins or fibres. These are natural ingredients that are used to enhance the nutritional and protein value of food without altering its taste, fragrance or colour. They are gluten-free & rich in fibre, and their demand is rising in the food & beverage industry due to their various health benefits. They are a good source of vitamin B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium that are required for the healthy functioning of the immune system.
- Rising use of pulse ingredients, such as chickpea to stabilise blood sugar level, reduce the chances of heart diseases, and assist in weight loss.
- Technological advancements in the food & beverage industry such as introduction of smart packaging accelerates the growth of this market
- Increase in the number of people adopting a vegan and vegetarian diet also fuels the growth of this market
- Rising use of pulse ingredients in animal feed products also boosts the growth of this market
- Stringent norms and regulations imposed by various international bodies restrains the growth of this market
- Unlikable and unpleasant flavours of pulses hinders the growth of this market
- Fluctuations and variability in prices of pulses negatively impacts the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Pulse Ingredients Market
- Film Forming
- Pulse Flours
- Pulse Starch
- Pulse Proteins
- Pulse Fibres & Grits
- Food & Beverages
- Meal & Meal Centers
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Soups, Sauces and Seasoning
- Processed Fish, Meat and Egg Products
- Bakery & Confectionery Products
- Ready-To-Eat & Ready-To-Cook (RTE & RTC) Products
- Other Food Applications
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Roquette purchased a new business unit of Texpall in Netherland. This acquisition would enable Roquette to enable them to increase their plant-based and pulse ingredients capacity, spread its operations, expand its business and capture new markets. This new business unit would aid Roquette in expanding and developing its pulse based proteins, catering to the demand of health conscious consumers.
- In July 2016, Anchor has acquired a new business setup which is a rail-loading and warehousing storage facility. With this purchase, Anchor can easily supply its pulse based ingredients, especially peas and ingredients across the nation, thereby enhancing its business and ensuring quick supply of their ingredients. Thus, this new setup enables Anchor to get closer to their customers and expand their business by quickly providing them with ingredients without any hassle.
Competitive Analysis: Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Global pulse ingredients market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of pulse ingredients market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global pulse ingredients market are Ingredion Incorporated, Roquette Frères, Emsland Group, Archer Daniels Midland Company, The Scoular Company, AGT Food and Ingredients, ANCHOR INGREDIENTS, Diefenbaker Spice & Pulse, COSUCRA, Vestkorn, Dakota Dry Bean, Puris., Axiom Foods, Inc., Avena Foods, Limited, SunOpta, Sleaford Quality Foods Ltd, USA Pulses amongst others.
Research Methodology: Global Pulse Ingredients Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure