Global Pyelonephritis Treatment Market By Type (Acute Pyelonephritis, Chronic Pyelonephritis), Treatment (Medication, Surgery), Drugs (Plazomicin, Levofloxacin, Meropenem and Vaborbactam and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Pyelonephritis Treatment Market
Global Pyelonephritis Treatment Market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Emergence of drugs used to treat risk associated with Mediterranean fever and high demand of disease specific novel therapies are the key factors that fueling the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Pyelonephritis Treatment Market
Pyelonephritis is also known as kidney infection is characterized by infections of one or both side of kidney. It can lead to permanently damage to the kidney and can cause a life threatening infection. People with kidney infection may experience fever, abdominal pain strong, persistent urge to urinate and nausea etc.
- Growing prevalence of kidney infections and injuries worldwide is drive the market growth
- Huge financial support to the researchers for developing novel intervention is boosting the market growth
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- Recent launch of product and emerging new market is propelling g the market growth
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Pyelonephritis Treatment Market
- Acute Pyelonephritis
- Chronic Pyelonephritis
- Meropenem and Vaborbactam
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Cipla USA Inc, a subsidiary of Cipla Inc acquired worldwide rights excluding Greater China for prescription drug Zemdri (Plazomicin), an aminoglycoside antibacterial for the treatment of complicated Urinary Tract Infections (cUTI) including pyelonephritis from Achaogen Inc. The acquisition of Zemdri, expands the company’s infectious portfolio as well as represent major advances in the treatment of these patients through a targeted mode of action.
- In November 2018, MELINTA THERAPEUTICS, INC received approval from the European Commission (EC) for Vabomere (meropenem and vaborbactam) for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal (cIAI) and urinary tract infections (cUTI) including pyelonephritis and hospital-acquired pneumonia including ventilator associated pneumonia. The approval of Vabomere has significantly changed the treatment landscape for underserved patient population.
Global pyelonephritis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global pyelonephritis treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global pyelonephritis treatment market are MELINTA THERAPEUTICS, INC, Cipla Inc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Allecra Therapeutics, Entasis Therapeutics, Pfizer Inc, Allergan, Paratek Pharmaceuticals Inc, Spero Therapeutics, MerLion Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Merck & Co., Inc, VenatoRx Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Venus Remedies Limited, Nabriva Therapeutics plc, Shionogi Inc, Bayer AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited and others.
Research Methodology: Global Pyelonephritis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global pyelonephritis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players