Global Recycled Glass Market By Source (Deposit, Buy Back/Drop Off, Curb-Side), Product (Cullet, Crushed Glass, Glass Powder), Application (Glass Bottles & Containers, Flat Glass, Fiberglass, Highway Beads, Abrasives, Fillers, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Recycled Glass Market
Global recycled glass market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 5.23 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the greater concerns for the environment and preserving the aesthetic appeal of the environment, promoting sustainable industrial manufacturing processes.
Market Definition: Global Recycled Glass Market
Recycled glass is basically any form of glass that is manufactured from the waste glass forms and other materials due to the 100% recyclable nature of glass products. These products have the capability of being recycled any number of times without any variations in quality. Although, recycled glass only consists of certain percentage of waste glass with the mixture of other material to give it the form of variations in end-product.
- Lower energy consumption associated with the manufacturing of these products is expected to positively affect the growth of the market
- Presence of certain regulations and compliances for the usage of recycled glass from authorities to conserve the usage of new raw materials is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of monetization policies & subsidies for recycling glass; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Large financial and labour costs associated with the manufacturing of the product is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Complications associated with the recycling of glass as not all glass products are recyclable in nature and need to be segregated before recycling can be initiated; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Global Recycled Glass Market Segmentation:
- Buy Back/Drop Off
- Clear Cullet
- Amber Cullet
- Green Cullet
- Crushed Glass
- Glass Powder
- Glass Bottles & Containers
- Flat Glass
- Highway Beads
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2017, Littlejohn & Co., LLC announced that they had agreed to acquire Strategic Materials, Inc. This acquisition will enable Strategic Materials, Inc. to expand their expertise and promote sustainable recycling practices worldwide as the need for more environmental conserving operations is growing.
- In August 2017, RETHMANN SE & CO. KG announced that they had received clearance from the Bundeskartellamt regarding the acquisition of two glass recycling companies based out of Belgium. The acquisition will provide greater glass recycling capabilities in Germany for RETHMANN, establishing them as the market leader in the area. The companies in question are G.R.I.-Glasrecycling NV and VSB Holding NV, both being acquired by the Vanswartenbrouck family.
Global recycled glass market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of recycled glass market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global recycled glass market are Strategic Materials, Inc.; United Resource Management; Vetropack; Ardagh Group S.A.; Owens-Illinois; Ngwenya Glass; BALCONES RESOURCES; Reiling GmbH & Co. KG; Heritage Glass, Inc.; GLASS RECYCLED SURFACES; Enva; RETHMANN SE & CO. KG; Harasco Corporation; Coloured Aggregates Inc.; Pace Glass; Verallia among others.
Research Methodology: Global Recycled Glass Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved