Global Refinery Catalyst Market By Type (Alkylation, Fluid Catalytic Cracking, Reforming & Isomerization, Hydroprocessing, H-Oil, Enzyme-Based Catalyst), Material (Metal, Zeolite, Chemical Compound, Others), Form (Powders, Beads, Extrudes), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Refinery Catalysts Market
Global refinery catalysts market is expected to register a steady CAGR of 3.78% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the high growth from the automotive industry for petroleum and associated products along with demand for advanced product offerings from the refinery industry.
Market Definition: Global Refinery Catalysts Market
Refinery catalysts are substances that are used for the modification of petroleum into high performing petroleum products with the help of refining. These substances result in providing different variations of petroleum-derived products that are of high value to different end-use industries.
- High volume of consumption for energy; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Presence of strict regulatory presence and compliances regarding the environmental impact of refineries acts as a market driver
- Growth in the levels of activities associated with oil & gas also drives this market growth
- Growing demands for derivatives of petroleum is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the declining crude oil deposits; this factor is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Increasing focus on adoption of alternate sources of energy of crude oil due to their environmental impact; this factor is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- High costs associated with the production process due to the vulnerable nature of raw material prices; this factor is expected to act as a restraint for this market growth
Segmentation: Global Refinery Catalysts Market
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking
- Reforming & Isomerization
- Enzyme-Based Catalyst
- Naphtha Hydrotreating
- Distillate Hydrotreating
- Precious Metals
- Rare Earth Metals
- Transition & Base Metals
- Precious Metals
- Chemical Compound
- Sulfuric Acid & Hydrofluoric Acid
- Calcium Carbonate
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2019, W.R. Grace & Co. announced that they had completed the acquisition of Rive Technology, Inc. which includes all of the technological assets, employees and service offerings which will be integrated into W.R. Grace’s business model. This integration of technology will allow greater customer-focused product range as the demands for catalysts from the petrochemical industry is increasing rapidly
- In August 2018, BASF SE announced the launch of “Luminate”, designed for Fluid Cracking Catalysts processes in gasoil refineries. It helps in delivering high performance characteristics such as high conversion and selectivity of coke. The product has been produced on BASF’s “Improved Zeolite Y (IZY) technology which helps in producing higher liquid yields
Global refinery catalysts market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of refinery catalysts market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global refinery catalysts market are Royal Dutch Shell; BASF SE; Honeywell International Inc; Haldor Topsoe A/S; Albemarle Corporation; W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.; Johnson Matthey; Axens; Clariant; Arkema; Exxon Mobil Corporation; JGC CORPORATION; Kuwait Catalyst Company; N.E. CHEMCAT; Porocel Corporation; HCpect; TAIYO KOKO Co.,Ltd.; Yueyang Sciensun Chemical Co., Ltd.; DuPont de Nemours, Inc.; Magma Ceramics & Catalysts among others.
Research Methodology: Global Refinery Catalysts Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved