Global Ride Sharing Market By Type (P2P Car Sharing, Corporate Car Sharing), Service Type (E-Hailing, Car Rental, Car Sharing, Station-Based Mobility), Vehicle Type (CNG/LPG Vehicles, ICE Vehicles, EV, Micro-Mobility Vehicles), Data Service (Navigation, Information Service, Payment Service, Others), Distance (Long Distance, Short Distance), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Ride Sharing Market
Global Ride Sharing Market was valued at an estimated USD 60.88 billion in 2018; this value is expected to grow to USD 257.44 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 19.75% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the benefits associated with the adoption of ride sharing, such as reduction in carbon emissions, cost benefits and ease of travel.
Market Definition: Global Ride Sharing Market
Ride sharing can be defined as a facility, which is used to transport the consumers and riders from one place to another. This service is usually availed over the internet in which the consumers book their rides and avail the transportation. It is benefitting to the environment as well as the consumers as it usually involves more than one rider in the same vehicle.
- Increasing adoption of smartphones and availability of ride-sharing facilities available over the internet
- Increased benefits associated with the usage of the facility
- Variations in standards and regulations in the different regions of the world
- High levels of competition present in the form of traditional and conventional transport methods
Segmentation: Global Ride Sharing Market
- By Type
- Peer-To-Peer (P2P) Car Sharing
- Corporate Car Sharing
- By Service Type
- Car Rental
- Car Sharing
- Station-Based Mobility
- By Vehicle Type
- Compressed Natural Gas/Liquefied Petroleum Gas (CNG/LPG)Vehicles
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Vehicles
- Electric Vehicles (EV)
- Micro-Mobility Vehicles
- By Data Service
- Information Service
- Payment Service
- By Distance
- Long Distance
- Short Distance
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Volkswagen AG and Mobileye announced their intentions to launch a commercialised autonomous ride sharing services in Israel by 2019. In the partnership, Volkswagen will provide Mobileye with a fleet of electric vehicles and Mobileye will be responsible for the installation and maintenance of the self-driving technology.
- In September 2018, Aptiv announced the launch of a fleet consisting of 30 autonomous vehicles to be used in the Lyft Inc.’s business operations. This partnership will provide the riders’ option to avail the driver-less ride sharing service of the vehicles equipped with Aptiv’s autonomous driving system.
- In December 2017, DENSO CORPORATION announced that they had acquired a significant share in Ridecell Inc. With the help of this acquisition, DENSO has announced their intentions to invest into the ride-sharing business operations.
Competitive Analysis: Global Ride Sharing Market
Global ride sharing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of ride sharing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Ride Sharing Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the ride sharing market are ANI Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Uber Technologies Inc., Beijing Xiaoju Technology Co Ltd., Lyft Inc., Volkswagen AG, Gett, TomTom International BV., Grab, Aptiv, BlaBlaCar, DENSO CORPORATION, Waymo LLC, car2go NA LLC, Mobileye, Maxi Mobility S.L., Taxify OÜ, Ridecell Inc, GoGet Carshare, Careem and Easy Taxi Serviços LTDA.
Research Methodology: Global Ride Sharing Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved