Global Sacral Nerve Stimulation (SNS) Market By Product (Implantable SNS Devices, External SNS Devices), Type (Electrical Muscle Stimulation, Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation), Application (Urinary & Fecal Incontinence, Urge Incontinence, Chronic Anal Fissure, Others), End-Users (Hospitals, Clinics, ASCs), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Sacral Nerve Stimulation (SNS) Market
Global sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 2385.86 million by 2026, registering a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the widespread prevalence of urge incontinence in patients globally, along with the increasing volume of patients suffering from overactive bladder.
Market Definition: Global Sacral Nerve Stimulation (SNS) Market
Sacral nerve stimulation, also known as sacral neuromodulation is a type of electrical nerve stimulation therapy involving implantation of certain stimulators on patients or implanted inside the patient’s body for the treatment of urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, urge incontinence, chronic anal fissure and others. It provides an effective alternative treatment for the chronic anal fissures in patients who are quite reluctant for invasive surgical interventions.
- Rising incidences of patients suffering from the applicable disorders/conditions of sacral nerve stimulation acts a driver for this market
- Growing levels of favorable reimbursement scenarios for sacral nerve stimulation is expected to fuel the market growth
- Increasing population relating to geriatric group is also expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing levels of R&D investments undertaken by various manufacturers and authorities for sacral nerve stimulation is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the negative impacts and side-effects associated with the device is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- High costs associated with the device is also expected to hinder the market growth
- Lack of technical knowledge and expertise amongst individuals along with the complications associated with the device can also act as a market restraint
Segmentation: Global Sacral Nerve Stimulation (SNS) Market
- Implantable SNS Devices
- External SNS Devices
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Urinary & Fecal Incontinence
- Urge Incontinence
- Chronic Anal Fissure
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, Nuvectra Corporation announced that the US FDA had extended their conventional 180-day review period for the pre-market approval of Nuvectra’s “Virtis Sacral Neuromodulation (SNM)” system. Although, no additional requirement of information has been suggested by the US FDA, neither have they suggested any deficiencies in the system. Nuvectra is hoping to clarify any additional requests of the US FDA for the timely conclusion of their pre-market approval review
- In March 2018, LABORIE announced that they had acquired Cogentix Medical, Inc. for USD 214 million, with the company focusing on specialized innovative therapies for urology field of medical sciences. This acquisition will help in the expansion of current products and technological availability with LABORIE for urology field, especially for overactive bladder and stress urinary incontinence therapies. This acquisition will help the company in providing customers with clinically-effective therapeutic solutions
Global sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) market are Medtronic; LABORIE; Stimwave LLC; SunMed; Vygon SA; Medline Industries, Inc.; NeuroMetrix, Inc.; SPR Therapeutics; NeuroSigma, Inc.; Abbott; LivaNova PLC; Nuvectra, Axonics Modulation Technologies Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sacral Nerve Stimulation (SNS) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global sacral nerve stimulation (SNS) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)