Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market, By Type (Chemical Crosslinking, Physical Crosslinking), Application (Tissue Engineering & Regeneration, Polymer Scaffolds, Drug Delivery System, Sealant, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market
Global self-healing hydrogels is expected to witness a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the historic year of 2017, and the base year of 2018. This healthy rise of market value can be attributed to the rising applications of the product due to the continuous research & developments efforts in the market for the advancement of the product.
Market Definition: Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market
Self-healing hydrogels can be described as the special polymer products, which have the ability to heal them when the bonds present inside the polymer chain, are broken and achieve the original bonding between these polymer chains. They also have high water contents and a structure similar to a net which develops the ability to achieve elasticity in its structure.
- Increased demand of effective wound care devices amid growing cases of critical injuries and wounds worldwide
- Increase in applicable markets & industries of the product is also expected to drive the market growth
- High production cost and complex production process of the products is expected to restrain the market growth
- Hydrogels are known to be reactive products and these reactions are expected to be associated external environmental factors, which is expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market
- By Type
- Chemical Crosslinking
- Physical Crosslinking
- By Application
- Tissue Engineering & Regeneration
- Polymer Scaffolds
- Drug Delivery System
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Alliqua announced an agreement with Celularity regarding the acquisition of Alliqua’s biologic wound care business for USD 29 million. The transaction is expected to progress both company’s long-term future.
- In October 2018, Boston Scientific Corporation announced the completion of its acquisition of Augmenix, with the company developing “SpaceOAR Hydrogel System”.
Competitive Analysis: Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market
Global self-healing hydrogels market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of self-healing hydrogels market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the self-healing hydrogels market are Johnson & Johnson Services Inc., Cardinal Health, 3M, Coloplast, Boston Scientific Corporation, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Smith & Nephew, Derma Sciences Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., DowDuPont, PAUL HARTMANN AG, Momentive, Ocular Therapeutix Inc., ConvaTec Group PLC, Ashland, Evonik Industries AG, Cosmo Bio USA, MPM Medical LLC., Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Hollister Incorporated, Medline Industries Inc., Gentell Inc., and Alliqua.com.
Research Methodology: Global Self-Healing Hydrogels Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request An Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global self-healing hydrogels market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)