Global Silicon Alloys Market By Type (Ferrosilicon, Deoxidizers, Inoculants, Others), Application (Carbon Steel & Other Alloy Steel, Stainless Steel, Electrical Steel, Cast Iron, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Silicon Alloys Market
Global silicon alloys market is set to witness a CAGR of substantial 5.25% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. . Rising demand for iron and steel products worldwide is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Silicon Alloys Market
Silicon alloys are metallic semiconductors which are formed by the combination of element silicon and alloys are widely used for the formation of silica or sand. Ferrosilicon, inoculants, deoxidizers, etc. are some of the common type of the silicon alloys. Silicon alloys are produced with large quantity of silicon so that they can stop the formation of silicon carbide. Growth of the automotive industry is the major factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Rising automotive industry is the major factor for the growth of this market
- Increasing urbanization and industrialization is another factor driving the growth of this market.
- Increasing disposable income will also accelerate the market growth
- Rising production of automobile vehicles will also enhance the market growth
- High production cost of the silicon alloy is restraining the growth of this market
- Increasing environmental issues due to excessive usage of reducing agents is another factor restraining the market growth.
- High electricity cost will also hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Silicon Alloys Market
- Carbon Steel & Other Alloy Steel
- Stainless Steel
- Electrical Steel
- Cast Iron
- Semiconductor-based Silicon
- Silicon Copper
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Ferroglobe PLC announced that they have acquired Glencore International AG. This acquisition will help Ferroglobe to strengthen them as the largest producers of manganese alloys worldwide. This will help the company to acquire Glencore’s manganese alloys plant in Norway and France which will further help the company to expand their business worldwide by meeting the need and requirement of the customers
- In December 2016, Elkem announced that they have acquired Minex Metallurgical Co. Ltd so that they can strengthen their position in the market. This will also help the company to produce high quality products so that they can meet the need and requirement of their customers by making them more competitive
Global silicon alloys market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of silicon alloys market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global silicon alloys market are RFA International, OM Holdings Ltd, Kuwait United Chemalloys Manufacturing, DMS Powders (Pty) Ltd, Ferroglobe, SKP Business Consulting LLP., ArcelorMittal, JSCMS, Metal & Alloys Corporation, Elkem ASA, Georgian American Alloys, Inc, Lalwani Ferroalloy Ltd., Tata Steel, Pioneer Carbide Pvt. Limited, Steelmin Limited, JAJOO GROUP'S,, Acciaierie Valbruna S.p.a., Jai Balaji Industries Limited among others.
Research Methodology: Global Silicon Alloys Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved