Global Silicon Photonics Market, By Product (Transceiver, Variable Optical Attenuator, Switch, Cable, Sensor), By Component (Laser, Modulator, Photodetector), By Application (Data Centre and High-Performance Computing, Telecommunications, Military, Defence, and Aerospace, Medical and Life Sciences, Sensing), By Geography– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Silicon Photonics Market
The global silicon photonics market is expected to reach USD 2255.7 million by 2025, from USD 630.8 million in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 21.3% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2014 & 2015, the base year of calculation is 2016 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Silicon Photonics Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the silicon photonics market in the next 8 years. Silicon photonics is a computer technology. In which data is transmitted amidst computer chips through optical rays as compare to electrical conductors. Optical rays can carry more data in less amount of time. It is the study and application of photonic systems, having silicon as an optical medium. Silicon photonics is a blend of silicon integrated circuit and the semiconductor laser. The technology uses lasers to transmit data into light pulses. The telecommunication application is expected to govern the silicon photonics market followed by spectroscopy application. Telecommunication application of silicon photonics includes voice transfer through phone lines, data transfer through the internet, broadband and data centres. Various advancements have taken place in this field, for instance luxtera, has developed two platforms of silicon photonics on 200 and 300 mm subtrates.
Major Market Drivers:
- Demand is increasing for silicon photonics based products in data centres.
- Power consumption is minimized.
- Requirement for high bandwidth and high data transfer capabilities are increased.
- Increasing Risk of Thermal Effect.
- On-Chip Laser integration become complex.
Market Segmentation: Global Silicon Photonics Market
- The global silicon photonics market is segmented into product, component, application, and by geography.
- Based on product, the global silicon photonics market is segmented into transceiver, variable optical attenuator, switch, cable and sensor.
- On the basis of component, the global silicon photonics market is classified into laser, modulator, and photodetector.
- On the basis of application, the global silicon photonics market is classified into data centre and high-performance computing, telecommunications, military, defence, and aerospace, medical and life sciences, metrology, ,and sensing.
- Based on geography, the global silicon photonics market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely north America & south America, Europe, Asia-pacific and, middle east & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, turkey, Russia, china, India, south Korea, japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, south Africa and, brazil among others. In 2017, North America is expected to dominate the market.
Competitive Analysis: Global Silicon Photonics Market
The global silicon photonics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of silicon photonics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Silicon Photonics Market
Some of the major players operating in the global silicon photonics market are Acacia, Luxtera, Intel Corporation, Cisco, Mellanox Technologies., Finisar Corporation., Globalfoundries, Hamamatsu Photonics, IBM, Juniper Networks, Inc., STMicroelectronics, Broadcom., Ciena Corporation., NeoPhotonics Corporation, Oclaro, Inc., Reflex Photonics Inc., RANOVUS Inc., SICOYA, Rockley Photonics., Lumentum, SKORPIOS TECHNOLOGIES INC, Photline technologies, Avago technologies, Infinera Corporation., among others.
Research Methodology: Global Silicon Photonics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others