Global Single-Molecule Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT) Market By Application (DNA Sequencing, RNA Sequencing, Epigenetics, Whole Genome Sequencing, Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Biopharmaceutical Companies, Academic Institutes & Research Centers, Others), Product (Consumable, Instrument, Services), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Single-Molecule Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT) Market
Global single-molecule real-time sequencing (SMRT) market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing application of single molecule real time sequencing and technological advancement are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Single-Molecule Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT) Market
Single molecule real-time sequencing (SMRT) is a parallel method for sequencing single molecule DNA. It usually uses a zero-mode wave guide. They widely used for the diagnoses of many diseases such as genetic diseases. The two most common technologies which is used in single- molecule real time sequencing are zero- mode waveguide, and phospholinked nucleotide. They are also widely used in different genomics research. In hybrid assemblies for de novo genomes, scientists also use single-molecule real-time sequencing to incorporate short-read sequence data with long-read sequence data.
- Increasing cases of genetic disorders will accelerate the market demand
- Technological development and advancement in single real time sequencing platform will also enhance the market growth
- Improvement in the reimbursement scenario will also drive the market growth
- Lack of skilled and trained professional will also hamper the market growth
- Dearth of awareness about SMRT will also restrain the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Single-Molecule Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT) Market
- DNA Sequencing
- RNA Sequencing
- Whole Genome Sequencing
By End- Users
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Academic Institutes & Research Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, Illumina announced the acquisition of Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc so they can enhance their position in genetic research. This acquisition will help both the companies to enhance their technologies. Based on its Single Molecule, Real-Time (SMRT) technology, PacBio's gene sequencing method helps scientists to analyze short and small stretches of DNA. This acquisition will strengthen their market position
- In October 2018, Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. announced the upgradation to their Sequel System which consists of new version (6.0) of its software, new consumable reagents (3.0) and a new SMRT Cell (1M v3). This addition will help to improve the performance of SMRT by improving their accuracy and their affordability. With a new paradigm in long-read sequencing, customers can now enjoy unprecedented capabilities highly accurate single-molecule readings
Global single-molecule real-time sequencing market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of single-molecule real-time sequencing market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global single-molecule real-time sequencing market are Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc; SeqLL Inc; among other.
Research Methodology: Global Single-Molecule Real-Time Sequencing (SMRT) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global single-molecule real-time sequencing market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)