Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market, By Product (Mandibular Advancement Devices, Tongue-Retaining Devices), By Type (Physician-Prescribed/Customized Oral Appliances, Online OTC Oral Appliances), By Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market
The Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market is expected to reach USD 652.06 million by 2025, from USD 197.8 million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 16.08 % during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market
Sleep Apnea is a sleeping disorder in which breathing repeatedly stops and starts in the people. Some of the common symptoms of sleep apnea are difficulty in falling asleep (insomnia), loud snoring, abrupt awakenings accompanied by shortness of breath, episodes of breathing cessation during sleep ,awakening with a dry mouth or sore throat and morning headache ,excessive daytime sleepiness (hypersomnia), attention problems and irritability. There are some main types of sleep apnea that are obstructive sleep apnea, central sleep apnea and complex sleep apnea syndrome. This mostly occurs in males and older adults due to smoking, nasal congestion, use of alcohol and sedatives or tranquilizers.
There are various oral appliances that are used for the detection of sleep apnea disorder. ‘SomnoDent’ is a sleep apnea oral appliance that is premium, custom-fitted dental device made for the treatment of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. Another way of treating sleep apnea is using positive airway pressure (PAP) therapy by keeping the airway open as you sleep by providing a stream of air through a mask that you wear. .
In October 2017, Whole You Inc (U.S.), a chemicals company and provider of innovative solutions launched new products to match its portfolio of oral appliances for obstructive sleep apnea and snoring named Respire Pink Endurance Framework (EF) and Respire Pink Micro. These appliances provides extra wearing comfort and are particularly designed for the people who need additional tongue space, or for the people with a smaller mouth.
Furthermore, Advanced Brain Monitoring, Inc. (U.S.) announced the launch of a new innovative product by the name the Apnea Guard for the handling snoring and sleep apnea.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Growing popularity of oral appliances in sleep apnea management growing number of surgical procedures.
- Technological advancements in oral appliances
- Large pool of undiagnosed sleep apnea patients
- Growing awareness about sleep apnea
- High prices of customized oral appliances
Market Segmentation: Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market
- The global sleep apnea oral appliances market is segmented based on product, type and geographical segments.
- Based on product, the market is segmented into mandibular advancement devices and tongue-retaining devices.
- On the basis of type, the market is classified into physician-prescribed/customized oral appliances and online OTC oral appliances.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- According to the National Sleep Foundation, a relatively new advancement that was approved by the FDA in 2014, hypoglossus nerve stimulation (HNS) is an entirely different approach to treating OSA. With HNS, a small device is surgically implanted in the chest, and can be turned on and off by the patient. While you sleep, the device monitors your breathing and stimulates a nerve that keeps the upper airway open.
Competitive Analysis: Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market
The global sleep apnea oral appliances market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sleep apnea oral appliances market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market
Some of the major players operating in the global sleep apnea oral appliances market are Somnomed, ResMed , Whole You, Oventus Medical, Panthera Dental, Airway Management, Apnea Sciences, DynaFlex, OravanOSA, Myerson, Koninklijke Philips, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare, Compumedics, Löwenstein Medical, Drive Devilbiss Healthcare, BMC Medical and Braebon Medical among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sleep Apnea Oral Appliances Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global sleep apnea oral appliances market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)