Global Small Molecule API Market By Type (Synthetic/Chemical, Biological), Application (Oncology, Neurology, Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Infectious, Immunology, Respiratory, Autoimmune Diseases, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Urology), Production (Captive, Merchant/Contract), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Small Molecule API Market
Global Small Molecule API Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 151.30 billion to an estimated value of USD 254.38 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.71% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing demand for developed small molecules drugs.
Market Definition: Global Small Molecule API Market
Small molecule API can be defined as an active ingredient for pharmaceuticals development, which is used for the regulation of biological processes. API can be defined as the combination of any substances that can be in finished pharmaceutical product (FPP) that can have direct effect on the diagnosis, mitigation, treatment or prevention of diseases. These small molecules are can be administered orally and are absorbed by the body. Due to its small size it can diffuse rapidly and can reach to intracellular site of action.
- Rising health awareness among consumers is market
- Technological advancement and development in pharmaceutical industry.
- Stringent regulatory requirements are restraining market.
- Global economic recession is restraining the growth of this market.
Segmentation: Global Small Molecule API Market
- By Type
- By Application
- Autoimmune Diseases
- By Production
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Lonza announced the launch of its pharmaceutical early-intermediates supply initiative and will provide an integrated supply chain from non-GMP early intermediates to cGMP advanced intermediates and APIs. The main aim is to supply options directly to the customers and meet their needs and requirement. They will provide high quality and secure supply of intermediates and APIs.
- In April 2016, Pfizer announced the launch of their Pfizer CentreOne, newly combined global CMO which focuses on API synthesis and sterile injectables fill-finish. The main aim is to provide a different services and technologies to biopharmaceutical partners.
Competitive Analysis: Global Small Molecule API Market
Global small molecule API market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of small molecule API market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Small Molecule API Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the small molecule API market are Albemarle Corporation, ALLERGAN, Aurobindo Pharma, Cambrex Corporation, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline plc., Lonza, Merck KGaA, Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc, Siegfried Holding, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Research Methodology: Global Small Molecule API Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global small molecule API market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)