Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome Market By Diagnosis (Molecular Genetic Testing, Antenatal Ultrasound and Others), Treatment (Medication, Surgery), Drugs (Cholesterol Supplementation, HMG CoA Reductase Inhibitor and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable), End- Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies and Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome Market
Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome market is expected to grow at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Increase in demand of targeted mode of therapies and high unmet need of treatment are the key factors for growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome Market
Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome (SLOS) is also known as Rutledge lethal multiple congenital anomaly syndromes are rare developmental disorder characterized by multiple congenital anomalies, learning problems and behavioral problems. It is caused by mutation in the DHCR7 (7-dehydrocholesterol reductase) gene which codes for an enzyme that is involved in the secretion of cholesterol in the brain. People with Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome are unable to make enough cholesterol as they should in the brain to support normal growth and development and eventually leads to develop neuropsychiatric and neurodevelopmental symptoms.
According to the source from National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc, an estimated annual prevalence of Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome is approximately 1 in 20,000 to 60,000 live births in the United States. Presence of refined healthcare infrastructure and high demand of disease specific novel therapies are the key factors that fueling the market growth
- Huge financial support to the researchers for developing novel intervention is boosting the market growth
- High demand of disease specific novel treatment can also act as a market driver
- Emergence of drug used in the treatment of complications associated with Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome
- High unmet need and emerging new market can drive the growth of this market
- Limited operating revenue opportunities for research and development of targeted therapies by many pharmaceuticals is acting as a challenging factor for the growth of this market
- Low healthcare budget in some developing countries is hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome Market
- Molecular Genetic Testing
- Antenatal Ultrasound
- Cholesterol Supplementation
- HMG CoA Reductase Inhibitor
- Atorvastatin Calcium
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, According to the news published in Technical Network by Ellen Goldbaum for University at Buffalo that researcher from the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at the University at Buffalo and VA Western New York Healthcare System has demonstrated that antioxidant combination therapy resulted in preventing the retinal degeneration that can occur in babies born with Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome (SLOS). This reserach can excite other researcher to further investigate a potential treatment for SLOS patients.
Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of global Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome market are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Zydus Cadila, Aurobindo Pharma, LUPIN, Micro Labs Ltd, Hetero, Biocon, Accord Healthcare, Merck & Co., Inc. and others
Research Methodology: Global Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global Smith-Lemli-Opitz syndrome market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players