Global Smoke Evacuation System Market, By Product (Smoke Evacuators, Smoke Evacuation Filters, Smoke Evacuation Pencils & Wands, Smoke-Evac Fusion Products (Shrouds), Smoke Evacuation Tubings, Accessories ), Application (Electrosurgical Units, Lasers, Radiofrequency Devices, Ultrasonic Devices, Burrs,High-Speed Drills, Cautery Units), End Users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Cosmetic Surgery Centers, Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Smoke Evacuation System Market
The Global Smoke Evacuation System Market is expected to reach USD 142.08 million in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic year2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Smoke Evacuation System Market
The smoke plume is generated during electro surgery and laser surgery and has become a major concern for both operators and patients. It is essential to eliminate offensive and potentially infectious smoke plume from the surgical room. The surgical smoke evacuation systems are the high-flow vacuum sources at the surgical site. Various key players are investing a huge amount in the development of this system as they are been used in various verticals such as hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, cosmetic surgery centers, clinics. According to an article published by Bovie Medical, over 500,000 people are exposed to surgical smoke plumes each year. These smoke plumes can be the byproduct of electrosurgical or laser procedures and carry many potential hazards to surgeons, operating room staff and the patients they care for. This is why the presence of devices which remove surgical smoke from the air has become increasingly important as electrosurgical procedures have become more common.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Technological advancements
- Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries
- Rising geriatric population across the globe
- Increasing demand for smoke evacuation systems.
- Unfavorable healthcare reforms in the U.S.
- Increasing preference for non-invasive treatment procedures
Market Segmentation: Global Smoke Evacuation System Market
- The global smoke evacuation system market is segmented based on product type, end user, application and geographical segments.
- On the basis of product, the market is classified into smoke evacuators, smoke evacuation filters, smoke evacuation pencils & wands, smoke-evac fusion products (shrouds), smoke evacuation tubings, accessories.
- On the basis of application, the market is classified into electrosurgical units, lasers, radiofrequency devices, ultrasonic devices, burrs and high-speed drills, cautery units.
- On the basis of end users, the market is segmented into hospitals, ambulatory centers, clinics, community healthcare and others.
- Based on geography the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, Buffalo, which is one of the major key players, has a smoke filtration device under the brand name PlumePort Laparoscopic. The company has now made product available in U.S. The product easily connects to standard trocars to safely filter surgical smoke particulates, and aerosolized contents out of the peritoneum during laparoscopy. The adjustable flow control mechanism maintains peritoneal distention while the fluid management ensures minimal flow degradation in high moisture environments.
- In July 2015, Megadyne Medical launched a new product under the brand name the zip pen smoke evacuation pencil. The product was launched at Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN) annual conference in Denver. The unique and innovative design allows surgeons to experience comfortable and precise electrosurgery while minimizing the hazards of inhaling surgical smoke. Unlike other smoke evacuation devices, the Zip Pen offers surgeons three ergonomic use options for maximum comfort and functionality. Zip Pen is significantly more ergonomic than current electrosurgical pencil designs, with significantly less torque on the back end of the pencil than standard smoke evacuation pencils as well as standard non-smoke evacuation pencils.
Competitive Analysis: Global Smoke Evacuation System Market
The global smoke evacuation system market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of smoke evacuation system market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Smoke Evacuation System Market
Some of the major players operating in the global smoke evacuation system market are Buffalo Filter LLC (A Part of Filtration Group Corporation Life Sciences Group), I. C. Medical, Inc., Covidien (A Subsidiary of Medtronic PLC), Conmed Corporation, Cls Surgimedics, Coopersurgical Inc. (A Subsidiary of the Cooper Companies, Inc.), Bovie Medical Corporation, Utah Medical Products, Inc., Megadyne Medical Products Inc., Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH, Medtronic, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Erbe Elektromedizin GmbH, Boston Scientific Corporation, Olympus, Johnson & Johnson, Symmetry Surgical Inc., ConMed Corporation, KLS Martin, and Bowa-electronic GmbH & Co. KG., CooperSurgical, Inc., and Utah Medical Products, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Smoke Evacuation System Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global smoke evacuation system market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report
- The report includes the complete segmentation displayed above across all above mentioned countries
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)