Global Smokeless Tobacco Products Market By Product (Chewing Tobacco, Dipping Tobacco, Dissolvable Tobacco, Snuff, Others), Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), Form (Dry, Moist), Route (Oral, Nasal), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Smokeless Tobacco Products Market
Global smokeless tobacco products market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 7.25% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Pleasant taste and less health risk associated with the use of smokeless tobacco products are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Smokeless Tobacco Products Market
Smokeless tobaccos are those tobaccos which is not burned or smoked. They also consist of nicotine and other cancer forming chemicals. Some of the common types of the smokeless tobacco products are dipping tobacco, dissolvable tobacco, snuff and chewing tobacco. They are available in both dry and moist form. They are usually done either with nasal or orally. As compared to the smoking tobaccos they are less harmful to the environment.
- Availability of different flavours in smokeless tobacco will accelerate the market growth
- Increasing demand from young generation also acts as a market driver in the forecast period
- Growing adoption of trendy lifestyle among population is another factor boosting the market growth
- Increasing demand from areas where smoke tobacco products are banned will also enhance the market growth
- Risk associated with the mouth, pancreas and esophagus cancer will restrain the market growth
- It can cause heart disease, gum disease and other health associated problems; this factor will also hamper the market growth
- Strict tobacco regulatory framework will impede the growth of this market
Segmentation: Global Smokeless Tobacco Products Market
- Chewing Tobacco
- Dipping Tobacco
- Dissolvable Tobacco
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2019, Altria announced the acquisition of 80% stake of the Burger Sohne. This acquisition will help the company to enhance their smokeless segment as this acquisition will help the company to acquire Burger’s on product which will help them to start the distribution of smokeless tobacco products
- In October 2018, Philip Morris International announced the launch of their new versions of its smokeless tobacco device, iQOS. It is a system that heats tobacco instead of burning it. An updated version, iQOS 3, and a new device, iQOS 3 Multi are now being released. In Japan, the company will also launch a less costly range of heatsticks or tobacco sticks inserted into the products to attract new customers to the group
Global smokeless tobacco products market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of smokeless tobacco products market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global smokeless tobacco products market are Altria Group, Inc., British American Tobacco, Imperial Brands, Swedish Match, Japan Tobacco, Swisher International, Inc., DS Group, Philip Morris International., among others.
Research Methodology: Global Smokeless Tobacco Products Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure