Global Solid State Battery Market, By Type (Thin-Film Batteries, Portable Batteries, Other Batteries), Capacity (Less Than 20 mAh, Between 20 mAh -500 mAh, 500 mAh, Above), Application (Consumer Electronics, Electric Vehicle, Energy Harvesting, Entertainment, Medical Devices, Packaging, Portable Devices, Smart Cards, Wearable Devices, Wireless Communication, Others), Geographical Segments (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Solid State Battery Market
The Global Solid State Battery Market is expected to reach USD 16,783.84 million by 2025 from USD 215.77 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 72.3% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Solid State Battery Market
Solid state battery is a type of battery which is light in weight and is durable in nature. Electrode and electrolyte materials are used for its design. The developing interest for reduced and dependable batteries and the open doors displayed by cell phone and sensors advances that use such batteries are advancing the development of the strong state battery advertise. Strong state batteries are more secure than fluid state batteries and have higher execution productivity. According to International Energy Agency (IEA), in 2016, registrations for electric cars hit a new record with over 750 thousand sales worldwide, with market share of 29.0%. Incontestably globally Norway has achieved the most successful deployment of electric cars in terms of market share. It is followed by the Netherlands, with a 6.4% electric car market share and Sweden with 3.4%. For instance, in 2016, Volkswagen launched new commitment to electric vehicle with a goal to make 3 million electric vehicles per year between its all brand Porsche, Audi, VW and other by 2025. Company is also planning to build its own factory in Europe, for the production of solid state battery. Thus, the above factors prove that the automotive industry is growing and will derive the solid state battery.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rising trend of miniaturization of electronic devices expected to drive this market
- Growing R&D activities by major companies to accelerate the growth of the market
- Growing requirement for the sold state battery in electric vehicles
- High complexities in the manufacturing process of the solid state battery
Market Segmentation: Global Solid State Battery Market
- The market is based on type, capacity and application.
- Based on type, the market is segmented into thin-film batteries, portable batteries, and other batteries.
- Based on capacity, the market is segmented less than 20 mAh, between 20 mAh and 500 mAh, 500 mAh and above.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into consumer electronics, electric vehicle, energy harvesting, entertainment, medical devices, packaging, portable devices, smart cards, wearable devices, wireless communication, others.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Solid State Battery Market
The global solid state battery is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market in order to sustain in long run. The report includes market shares of solid state battery market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
In 2017, Volkswagen made its own battery cell production for its upcoming electric vehicle, Volkswagen also made in startup developing solid-state battery technology.
Key Players: Global Solid State Battery Market
The renowned players in solid state battery market are Cymbet Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, Stmicroelectronics N.V., Toyota Motor Corporation, Sakti3 Inc., Brightvolt, Inc., Excellatron Solid State, LLC, Infinite Power Solution, Inc., Planar Energy Devices, Inc., Solid Power, Inc. Huber+Suhner, BTI Wireless, Boingo Wireless, Dali Wireless, Comba Telecom System, Commscope, Whoop Wireless, Bird Technologies, Connectivity Wireless, Betacom, BTI Wireless, Galtronics, Betacom, AT&T, Dali Wireless, Advanced Rf Technologies, Galtronics, Dali Wireless, Zinwave among other.
Research Methodology: Global Solid State Battery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among other.