Global Solvent-Borne Coatings Market By Product Type (One Component System Solvent Borne Coatings, Two Component System Solvent Borne Coatings), End- Use (Automotive Solvent Borne Coatings, Industrial Solvent Borne Coatings, Printing Inks), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Solvent-Borne Coatings Market
Global solvent-borne coatings market is set to witness a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing effectiveness of solvent- borne coatings as compared to the water- borne coatings and rising demand of solvent- borne coatings from various end users are the factor responsible for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Solvent-Borne Coatings Market
Solvent borne coatings are liquid protective layer which are applied on the surface of the material so that corrosion can be avoided. During the curing of the coatings they are tougher than the water borne coatings. They are mainly used in humid environment because water- borne doesn’t have the ability to cure properly. These coatings are of two types- one component system borne coatings and two component system solvent borne coatings. These coating are widely used in industries such as automotive, printing inks and others.
- Less vulnerability of solvent- borne coating to environmental conditions will drive the market growth
- Ability of these coatings to avoid spot rusting during coating applications will also accelerate the demand of this market
- Usage of multipurpose additives to increase the effectiveness of solvent borne coatings will also enhance the market growth
- Faster drying time of the solvent- based coatings will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market
- Solvent borne coating release volatile organic compounds (VOCs) which is harmful for the environment; this factor will restrain the market growth
- High flammability of solvent borne coatings will also hamper the growth of this market
- Strict government rules and norms will also restrict its growth in the market
Segmentation: Global Solvent-Borne Coatings Market
By Product Type
- One Component System Solvent Borne Coatings
- Two Component System Solvent Borne Coatings
By End- Use
- Automotive Solvent Borne Coatings
- Industrial Solvent Borne Coatings
- Printing Inks
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, Evonik announced the launch of their new dispersant TEGO Dispers 687 which is specially designed for the dispersing and wetting matting agent in solventborne coatings. This new solution has the ability to provide better consistency and anti- sedimentation values. It is very suitable for untreated matting agents that have good transparency but high sedimentation tendency
- In January 2015. Dow Corning announced the launch of their new 700P Additive which is specially designed to improve gloss, eliminate flooding and floating, enhance pigment dispersion and prevent yellowing at high temperature. This new additive has high heat resistant and has the ability to decrease the millbase viscosity and improve the gloss and haze of solvent-borne paints and coatings based on TiO2 pigments. The main aim of the launch is to provide better solutions to the customers at cost- effective range
Global solvent-borne coatings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of solvent-borne coatings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global solvent-borne coatings market are BASF SE, Williams-Hayward Protective, INDUSTRIA CHIMICA ADRIATICA SpA, NEI Corporation, Laviosa Mineral Solutions SpA, BYK Additives & Instruments, Croda International Plc, TOLSA GROUP, DSM, Covestro AG, Jamestown Coating Technologies, Dow, VALPAC, Inc., Glass Paint Technology, Endura Manufacturing Company Ltd., ALLNEX NETHERLANDS B.V., Prestige Coating Limited., Excalibur Paint, Ellis Paint Company, PRABHAT PAINT INDUSTRIES., The Lubrizol Corporation, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Solvent-Borne Coatings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved