Global Spine Biologics Market By Product (Bone Allografts, Bone Graft Substitute, Platelet Rich Plasma, Bone Marrow Aspirate Therapy), Surgery type (Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF); Transforamenal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF); Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF); Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF) among others), End-User (Hospitals, Spinal Surgery Centers, Orthopedic Clinics, Others), By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East % Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Spine Biologics Market
Global Spine Biologics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1.69 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 2.5 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 4.9% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Market Definition: Global Spine Biologics Market
Biologics assist the natural process of bone formation. They can also be used as products that can cure the disease or degenerated discs. Biologics for spine includes all the biological materials that play a role in a spinal procedure; these are one of the most innovative advances in spine surgical treatment. These are implants used in lieu allografts or as a support for bones in and around the spinal region. They are used through spine fusion surgery for the therapy of spinal deformities such as trauma, tumors, degenerative disc disease & spinal cord injuries. They betterment bone formation and activate spinal fusion.
- Rising incidence of spinal distortion is becoming more predominant in the aging population.
- Rising healthcare expenditure in developing nations owing to growing income levels
- Rising obesity cases, are leading to the increased demand for biologics in their treatments.
- Awareness on the newly developed spine treatment techniques and devices amongst individuals fosters to the growth of this market.
- Innovative technological advancements, with newly developed spine treatment techniques and devices.
- Rising demand of minimally invasive spine surgeries.
- The quick healing, minimum postoperative time and the capability to activate cellular expansion, serve as an advantage for the biologics market.
- Scarcity of expertise and professional knowledge is acting as a restraint for the market
- Lack of patient understanding and awareness is one of the restraint for the market
- Cost of surgery and the unfavorable reimbursement scenario.
Segmentation: Global Spine Biologics Market
- Bone Allografts
- Machined bone allograft
- Demineralized bone matrix
- Bone Graft Substitute
- Synthetic Bone Grafts
- Demineralized Bone Matrix (DBM)
- Bone Morphogenetic Proteins (BMP)
- Platelet Rich Plasma
- Bone Marrow Aspirate Therapy
By Surgery Type:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Transforamenal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF)
By End User
- Spinal Surgery Centers
- Orthopedic Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2017, ChoiceSpine acquires Exactech’s spine assets, which was a part of the restructuring and divesture charges of Exactech. The terms and the conditions of the transaction were not released. With this acquisition ChoiceSpine would have the access to Exactech’s distribution channels in Spain, Germany & Portugal. They already had their distribution channels in Italy and Mexico, this acquisition would widen their international footprint.
- In March 2018, CellRight Technologies Signed a Multi-Year Distribution Agreement With Arthrex Inc, a manufacturer of orthopedic surgical solutions. Cellright, is a company which manufactures osteobiologics which are used in orthopedic, spine, foot and ankles, intensifying the healing chances of problems caused by trauma & disease. The multi-year commitment would provide surgeons entrance to certified osteobiologics and advanced surgical instrumentation and techniques helping to achieve better patient outcomes.
Competitive Analysis: Global Spine Biologics Market
The global spine biologics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of spine biologics market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Spine Biologics Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the spine biologics market report include Arthrex, Inc., Cesca Therapeutics Inc., DePuy Synthes, Orthopaedic Seminar, Exactech, Inc., K2M, Inc., Lattice Biologics Ltd, Medtronic, NuTech Spine, Inc., NuVasive Inc., Orthofix Holdings, Inc., Regen Lab USA LLC, RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc., Stryker, Wright Medical Group N.V., XTANT MEDICAL, Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew, Dr PRP USA LLC, and others.
Research Methodology: Global Spine Biologics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global spine biologics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)