Global Sports Gun Market By Gun Type (Rifle, Handguns, Shotgun, Others), Metal Type (Copper, Tin, Zinc, Others), Application (Competitive Shooting, Recreation, Hunting, Others), Distribution Channel (Online, Offline), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Sports Gun Market
Global sports gun market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 2.62 billion by 2026, registering a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the spread of information and awareness regarding the benefits of shooting as a stress reliever, along with availability of online distribution channels due to better economic benefits for consumers through this channel.
Market Definition: Global Sports Gun Market
Sports gun are non-lethal firearms that are majorly utilized for competitive or recreational purposes, which utilize non-lethal ammunition to reduce the risks of any injuries. Although, sporting guns are predominantly popular in various recreational sports such as skeet shooting, paintball, target shooting, the demand for hunting-based products have declined due to chances of injuries occurring with their usage.
- Growing prevalence of participation of individuals in global sporting events involving firearms is expected to boost the market growth
- Easier handling and carrying features due to their lightweight nature acts as a market driver
- Greater availability of infrastructure for individuals to participate in shooting activities is expected to propel the growth of this market
- Rising prevalence of shooting tourism globally also drives the market growth
- Presence of strict regulations and compliances regarding the usage of firearms is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Presence of unfavourable trade practices for firearms is expected to restrict the market growth
- High costs associated with the manufacturing and commercialization of these firearms is expected to act as a restraint for the market growth
Segmentation: Global Sports Gun Market
By Gun Type
By Metal Type
- Competitive Shooting
By Distribution Channel
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, AMMO, Inc. announced that they had completed the acquisition of Jagemann Sporting Groups’s casings business operations based in Wisconsin, United States. This acquisition will present an enhanced manufacturing and production combination which is expected to have a better impact on the sales of their products. This acquisition is expected to help establish a solidified leader for ammunition
- In January 2019, Federal Ammunition announced the launch of their product range for the year 2019, consisting of a number of new ammunition range while a number of older products have been retained. All of the products have been upgraded as per their packaging and color range promoting better marketing appeal. The products have been designed for hunting, sports/recreational, personal protection and various others uses
Global sports gun market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sports gun market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global sports gun market are DICK'S Sporting Goods; American Outdoor Brands; Beretta; BROWNING INTERNATIONAL S.A.; Colt’s Manufacturing Company, LLC; Crosman Corporation; Howa Machinery, Ltd.; Miroku Firearms Mfg. Co.; GLOCK, Inc.; O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc.; HATSAN; Remington Arms Company, LLC; Savage; Shaoxing Snowpeak Air Gun Factory; SIG SAUER; Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.; TAURUS INTERNATIONAL MANUFACTURING, INC.; Umarex GmbH & Co. KG; Kahr; Webley&Scott; Walther Arms, INC.; Creedmoor Sports Inc.; German Sport Guns GmbH; J.G. ANSCHÜTZ GmbH & Co. KG; Olympic Arms and Legacy Sports International among others.
Research Methodology: Global Sports Gun Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure