Global Sports Protective Equipment Market By Sports Type (racing sports, ball sports, water sports, extreme sports and others), Product (helmets & headgears, protective eyewear, face protection & mouth-guards, pads, guards, chest-cover and gloves), Area of Protection (head & face, trunk & thorax, upper extremity and lower extremity),Distribution Channel (specialty retail stores, multi-retail stores, online stores and others), End-User (wholesale and retail), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Sports Protective Equipment Market
Global Sports Protective Equipment Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 5.93 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 8.70 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.92% in the forecast period of 2018-2026. The prominence of online store in order to purchase sports protective equipment is expected to intensify the growth of sports protective equipment market worldwide.
Market Definition: Global Sports Protective Equipment Market
The global sports protective equipment market deals with the equipment and accessories of sports which are mainly used to prevent injuries and keep the players safe during the sports activities. The equipment is made for all the parts of a human body. The rise in the sports equipment markets is mainly due to the increase in the sports and recreational activities. The consumer expenditure on sports protective equipment has also increased in the recent years. However, the growth may decline at a certain rate due to the decreasing profit margins.
The sports protective equipment can be segmented based on sports type, product type, distribution channel, area of protection and end users. Based on the product, the sports’ protective equipment can be segmented into hand protection, head protection, the lower body and others. The head protection segment is expected to hold the major market share.
- The rise in demand for the sporting goods and increasing popularity of sports leagues, and recreational activities, drives the market of the sports protection equipment.
- The increasing prominence of various distribution channels in the form of online stores and multi-specialty stores is another major factor toward the growing market.
- Threat of counterfeit products and premium pricing of good quality sports equipment.
Segmentation: Global Sports Protective Equipment Market
- By Sports Type
- Racing Sports
- Ball Sports
- Water Sports
- Extreme Sports
- By Product type
- Helmets & Headgears
- Protective Eyewear
- Face Protection & Mouth-guards
- Pads, Guards, Chest-cover and Gloves
- By Area of Protection
- Head & Face
- Trunk & Thorax
- Upper Extremity
- Lower Extremity
- By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Retail Stores
- Multi-Retail Stores
- Online Stores
- By End-User
- Wholesale (B2B)
- Retail (B2C)
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In 2016, the Australian Government launched Asian Sports Development Partnerships (ASP) program of USD 4 million worth leading to developments in sports across the Asia-Pacific region.
- In 2017, 2ND Skull received USD 100,000 in funding from the NFL as part of HeadHealthTECH Challenge II. The company mainly deals in creating protective skull caps for tough contact sports such as football and rugby.
- In March 2018, Xeros Technologies acquired Gloves Inc., providing personal protection equipment cleaning, inspection and repair services in the Miami metro areas.
Competitive Analysis: Global Sports Protective Equipment Market
Global sports protective equipment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of sports protective equipment market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Sports Protective Equipment Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in global sports protective equipment market are: Adidas, Amer Sports, Nike, BRG sports, Under Armour, PUMA SE, Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc., Dunlop Sports Group Americas Inc., DAIWA SEIKO CO., LTD. and Jaren Corporation.
Research Methodology: Global Sports Protective Equipment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved