Global Styrene Isoprene Styrene (SIS) Market By Type (Linear, Radial, Other), Applications (Pressure Sensitive Adhesives, Coatings, Film, Flexi- Printing Plate, Hygiene, Labels, Tapes, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Styrene Isoprene Styrene (SIS) Market
Global styrene isoprene styrene (SIS) market is set to witness a healthy CAGR of 10.15% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Technological advancement and rising applications of SIS are the factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Styrene Isoprene Styrene (SIS) Market
SIS polymers are high-performance thermoplastic elastomers with a mixture of great strength, less hardness and low viscosity for simple melting or solution thermoplastic processing. They are usually based on styrene & isoprene and has the lowest viscosity and hardness as compared to all the other styrenic block copolymers. Liner and Radial are two common types of the SIS. These SIS are widely used in application such as labels, tapes, flexi- printing plate and others.
- High strength and minimal viscosity of SIS are the factor for the growth of this market
- They are combination of low hardness, low viscosity and high strength is another factor driving the market growth
- Increasing usage of SIS in adhesives will also drive the market growth
- Rising application of SIS will also contribute as a factor for the growth of this market.
- High cost of the raw material will hamper the market growth
Segmentation: Global Styrene Isoprene Styrene (SIS) Market
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
- Flexi- Printing Plate
- Hygiene, Labels
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2018, TSRC announced the launch of their styrene-isoprene-styrene block copolymer polymer (SIS), Vector 4116N which is specially designed for label applications. It has low styrene content and a mid-to high di-block SI/SIS ratio. It has the ability to maintain the balance between the initial tack and cohesion perfectly by providing creep resistance and high flow together
- In April 2015, Versalis announced that they are going to expand their elastomers corporation with Lotte Chemical by building their new manufacturing plant in South Korea. According to the deal, Versalis will provide their technologies for styrene-butadiene-styrene (SIS/SBS) and styrene-isoprene-styrene so they can develop new products for specialty hot-melt adhesives markets and other segments such as bitumen, plastic modifier, sports and others
Global styrene isoprene styrene (SIS) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of styrene isoprene styrene (SIS) market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global styrene isoprene styrene (SIS) market are KRATON CORPORATION, China Petrochemical Corporation, LCY GROUP, TSRC, Versalis, ZEON CORPORATION, Distrupol, Eastman Chemical Company, JSR Corporation, Ineos, The Lubrizol Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global Styrene Isoprene Styrene (SIS) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved