Global Surfing Boards Market By Product (Shortboards, Longboards, Funboards, Foam Board, Other), Material (Wood, Polyurethane, Polystyrene Foam), Distribution Channel (Specialty Stores, Department Stores, Hypermarkets, Supermarkets, Online Retail), Application (Entertainment, Sports Competition, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Surfing Boards Market
Global surfing boards market is set to witness a substantial CAGR of 6.78% in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Growing demand for electric surfboard and increasing development of eco- friendly boards are the factor for the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Surfing Boards Market
Surfboard is an enlarged platform which is usually used for the surfing sports. They are usually made foam and are coated in fibreglass so that they can be lightweight and can easily float in water. They have sturdy structure so it can help the rider to stand on it while riding the ocean waves. There are different types of surfboard such as longboards, foam boards, funboards, shortboards among others.
- Growing demand for longboards and shortboards will drive the market growth
- Increasing preference for water sports activities will also accelerate the market growth
- Availability of better manufacturing machines for surfboards will also enhance this market growth
- Increasing women participation in water sports activities which will also contribute as a factor for the market growth
- Sustainability issues will hamper the growth of this market
- Risk associated with the drowning is another factor restricting this market growth in the forecast period
Segmentation: Global Surfing Boards Market
- Foam Board
- Polystyrene Foam
By Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
- Department Stores
- Online Retail
- Sports Competition
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In July 2018, Tesla announced the launch of their new limited edition surfboards in collaboration with Lost Surfboards and Matt ‘Mayhem’ Biolos. The Limited Edition Tesla Surfboard features a mixture of matt and gloss finishes of the same high quality used on all our vehicles. The deck is strengthened with lightweight Black Dart carbon fiber, inspired by the interior of vehicles and with subtle comparison gloss tonal logos
- In April 2018, Boardriders, Inc., announced the acquisition of Billabong International Limited. This acquisition will help the company to expand their product portfolio and strengthen their market position. This will also create an opportunity for them to be the world’s leading Sports Company
Global surfing boards market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of surfing boards market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global surfing boards market are CHANNEL ISLANDS SURFBOARDS, Global Surf Industries., Agit Global, Inc, Billabong, BruSurf, Keeper Sports Products., MT WOODGEE SURFBOARDS, SHANGHAI YUAN SPORTS CO., LTD, Quiksilver, kinaroad, Pro-Lite., INDI SURFBOARDS, Blue Sea Watersports., Toy Factory Surfboards., Shop Rusty Surfboards., XANADU SURF DESIGNS, SURFTECH, LLC, McTavish Surfboards, The Muskoka Surfboard Company, Woodpecker Natural Surfboards, among others.
Research Methodology: Global Surfing Boards Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure