Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market, By Product (Accessories, Surgical Drainage Systems), Type (Passive, Active), Application (General Surgery, Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery, Orthopedics Surgery, Obstetric/Gynecological Surgery, Other Surgeries), End-User (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market
Global surgical drains/wound drainage market is set to witness a rise in its market value due to the increasing numbers of surgical procedures, and the usage of these systems in the surgical procedures. The market value is projected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1.90 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 2.64 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Market Definition: Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market
Surgical drains/wound drainage is a system that is used to unwanted fluids from the surgical wound. They are installed most commonly by surgeons. The system consists of a suction device or negative pressure system that lets the fluids be removed from the body of the patients. The complications associated with the drains and increases in uses of minimally invasive surgeries are expected to hinder the demand of these systems.
- Increasing numbers of surgical procedures requiring the need for surgical drains/wound drainage is expected to drive the market growth
- Rising awareness about the systems and their requirements in unavoidable procedures is expected to drive the market growth
- Rising adoption and prevalence of minimally invasive surgeries is expected to restrain the market growth
- Complications associated with the usage and increasing chances of infection causing the market to be restrained
Segmentation: Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market
- By Product
- Surgical Drainage Systems
- Open Surgical Drainage Systems
- Closed Surgical Drainage Systems
- By Type
- General Surgery
- Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery
- Orthopedics Surgery
- Obstetric/Gynecological Surgery
- Other Surgeries
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2015, Cohera Medical announced an agreement with B. Braun Melsungen AG, which gave the marketing rights of TissuGlu (surgical adhesive) for distribution in select countries of Europe to B. Braun Melsungen AG.
- In June 2017, ClearFlow announced that they had received 510k clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration for their innovative chest drain that prevents clots to block the system and prevents the fluids from clearing out known as FlowGlide Active Clearance Technology System.
Competitive Analysis: Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market
Global surgical drains/wound drainage market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of surgical drains/wound drainage market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the surgical drains/wound drainage market are B. Braun Melsungen AG, Cardinal Health, BD, ConvaTec Group PLC, Ethicon US LLC., Stryker, Romsons, Redax, Medtronic, Medline Industries Inc., Cook, Poly Medicure Ltd., Zimmer Biomet, Global Medikit Limited, Degania Silicone Ltd., McKesson Medical-Surgical Inc., KANEKA MEDIX CORP., ClearFlow, and KCI Licensing Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Surgical Drains/Wound Drainage Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global surgical drains/wound drainage market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)