Global Surgical Lasers Market By Type (Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Lasers, Argon Lasers, Diode Lasers, ND: Yag (Neodymium: Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet) Lasers, Other Surgical Lasers), Procedure Type (Open Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery, Percutaneous Surgery), Application (Ophthalmology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Urology, Gynecology, Cardiology, Oncology, Other Applications), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Surgical Lasers Market
Global surgical lasers market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 6.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of base year 2018 and historic year 2017 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.The growth in the market can be attributed to the developments in the field of surgical lasers and growing prevalence of the chronic diseases.
Market Definition: Global Surgical Lasers Market
A surgical laser uses a light beam for the treatment of bleeding blood vessels and to remove the diseased tissues. Lasers are used in every surgical procedure such as laparoscopic surgeries, oncology, cardiology, dermatology and ophthalmology among others. A general surgeon uses several laser wavelengths and laser delivery systems to remove, vaporize and cut tissue. There are various types of laser beams that are available in the market having different color and uses that include neodymium: yttrium-aluminum-garnet argon, diode, and carbon dioxide.
- Advancement in technology will propel the market growth
- Increasing number chronic diseases such as ophthalmic disorders is driving the growth of the market in the forecast period
- Rising funding and public-private investments is a driver for the market growth
- Adoption of minimally invasive surgeries is boosting the market growth
- Strict regulation regarding the approval of surgical lasers is limiting the growth of the market
- High costs of laser surgeries along with the shortage of convenient medical reimbursement policies will restrain the market growth
- Safety concerns related with surgical lasers may hamper the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Surgical Lasers Market
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Lasers
- Argon Lasers,
- Diode Lasers,
- ND: Yag (Neodymium: Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet) Lasers
By Procedure Type
- Open Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Percutaneous Surgery
- Other Application
By End User
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Bausch + Lomb will be starting a clinical trial series of its Technolas Teneo excimer laser for vision correction surgery. This laser will be use to correct myopia and myopic astigmatism. With this series the company will provide a full suite of innovations to the surgeons to meet the requirement of the patients
- In August 2018, OmniGuide Holdings, Inc., a giant in patient-safety focused advanced surgical energy tools acquired Lisa Laser Products OGH, a surgical laser company based in Germany for the development of lasers for urological applications. With this acquisition both the companies will work together on patient safety and positive surgical outcomes
Global surgical lasers market is highly fragmented and is based on new product launches and clinical results of products. Hence the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, clinical trials, market initiatives, high expense on research and development, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of surgical lasers market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East and Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Some of the major players operating in global surgical lasers market Abbott, Boston Scientific Corporation, BISON MEDICAL, Biolitec AG, Alma Lasers, Photomedex, Inc., Lumenis , Biolase Inc., IPG Photonics Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Cutera, BISON MEDICAL, Spectranetics, Fotona d.o., CryoLife, Inc., Ellex, Danaher, Carl Zeiss AG, Bausch Health and Quanta System among others.
Research Methodology: Global Surgical Lasers Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global surgical lasers market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)