Global Surgical Retractors Market By Product Type (Hand Retractors, Self-Retaining Retractors, Table-Mounted Retractor, Wire Retractors, Finger Retractor, Ribbon Retractor), Design (Fixed or Flat Frame Retractors, Angled or Curved Frame Retractors, Blade or Elevated-Tipped Retractors), Product Usage (Tissue Handling & Dissection, Fluid Swabbing), Application (Abdominal Applications, Cardiothoracic Applications, Orthopedic Applications, Obstetric & Gynecological Applications, Urological Applications, Head, Neck & Spinal Applications, Aesthetic Surgical Applications, Others), End-User (Hospitals, Clinics & Surgical Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Maternity & Fertility Centers), Usage (Reusable, Disposable), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Surgical Retractors Market
Global Surgical Retractors Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 1.75 billion to an estimated value of USD 3.07 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.30% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing number of surgical procedures.
Market Definition: Global Surgical Retractors Market
During surgical procedures, surgical retractor is used by surgeons and physicians so that they can hold the incision or wound open and can get better visibility by expanding & holding the surgical incision resulting in access to the exposed area. Surgical instruments are divided into four major characteristics, cutting & dissecting, clamping & occluding, retracting & exposing and grasping & holding. Surgical retractors are also used to hold the back of tissue or organ.
- Increasing geriatric population is driving the growth of this market.
- Increasing personal care awareness among people has led to increase in the number of plastic surgeries globally; this is expected to drive the market growth
- High cost of the products is restraining the market
- Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS)
Segmentation: Global Surgical Retractors Market
- By Product Type
- Hand Retractors
- Self-Retaining Retractors
- Table- Mounted Retractor
- Wire Retractors
- Finger Retractor
- Ribbon Retractor
- By Design
- Fixed or Flat Frame Retractors
- Angled or Curved Frame Retractors
- Blade or Elevated-tipped Retractors
- By Product Usage
- Tissue Handling and Dissection
- Fluid Swabbing
- By Application
- Abdominal Applications
- Cardiothoracic Applications
- Orthopedic Applications
- Obstetric & Gynecological Applications
- Urological Applications
- Head, Neck, & Spinal Applications
- Aesthetic Surgical Applications
- By End-User
- Clinics & Surgical Centers
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Maternity & Fertility Centers
- By Usage
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 20199, DJO Global announced the launch of their ADAPTABLE Surgical Arm which is a fully sterile, surgeon-controlled leg and retractor holder. It can reduce the number the number of assistant in the operating room and can work with any operating table. It is very easy to set; transport and store as it weigh approximately 10 pounds.
- In January 2018, QSpine announced the launch of their new single use retractor SURE which offer surgeons a radiolucent, modular, single use retractor which illuminates the surgical site with integrated LED light cartridges attached to the blades. It saves time and money as it eliminates the use of sterilization and cleaning because their retractors are meant for one-time use only.
Global surgical retractors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of surgical retractors market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the surgical retractors market are Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Medtronic, BD, Stryker, DJO Global, TERUMO CORPORATION, Henry Schein, Inc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Teleflex Incorporated, Integra LifeSciences, Sklar Surgical Instruments, BR Surgical, The Cooper Companies Inc., Thompson Surgical, Globus Medical Inc., RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc., Arthrex, Inc., MicroSurgical Technology and Medline Industries, Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Surgical Retractors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global surgical retractors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)