Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market By Type (Active, Passive), Product (Blister Packs, Clamshell Packaging, Paperboard Packaging, Unit Dose Packs, Shrink-Wrapping), Application (Food & Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care & Household, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market
Global temperature controlled primary packaging solutions market is expected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the overall growth of the pharmaceutical industry along with increased trading of food & beverage products globally.
Market Definition: Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market
Temperature controlled primary packaging solutions are the first layer of packaging applied on the products, providing temperature control over long distances and while the goods are in transit. These packaging solutions provide protection and preservation from harsh environments maintaining the optimal temperature required so that the contents inside the packaging are not spoiled. These solutions are generally for use in short distances where there is a need for reducing cost of bearing bulk containers for temperature control.
- High growth trend in usage of cold chain in the overall logistics; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increased consumption and usage of convenience and packaged food products which require these solutions to maintain the freshness and integrity; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing advancements and availability of modern technological solutions; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing levels of globalization and the need for reducing the costs associated with transit of goods; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding usage of certain components in these packaging amid presence of strict regulations regarding their usage; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Higher costs associated with the overall supply chain upon adoption of these packaging products; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Lack of awareness and usage in the developing/rural regions of the world; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market
- Blister Packs
- Clamshell Packaging
- Paperboard Packaging
- Unit Dose Packs
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Household
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, PCI Pharma Services announced that they have completed the acquisition of Sherpa Clinical Packaging, a leading innovator and provider of temperature-controlled primary and secondary packaging solutions. This acquisition will further expand the geographical presence of PCI and provide greater technological capabilities such as “Cold Chain” and “Ultra Cold Chain” facilities to the life-sciences market.
- In April 2018, PCI Pharma Services announced the establishment of contained packaging facility situated in Dublin, Ireland providing primary and secondary packaging solutions for highly potent products. The facility is expected to increase the capacity of services offered by the organisation, and this investment is a strategic step in expanding high containment operations worldwide.
Competitive Analysis: Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market
Global temperature controlled primary packaging solutions market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of temperature controlled primary packaging solutions market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global temperature controlled primary packaging solutions market are Sonoco Products Company; Cryopak A TCP Company; Capsugel; CLONDALKIN GROUP; West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.; Wipak; Eutecma GmbH; WestRock Company; SCHOTT AG; AR Packaging Group AB; CONSTANTIA; Huhtamaki; Pelican BioThermal; ACH Foam Technologies, Inc.; Softbox; PCI Pharma Services; Tempack Packaging Solutions, S.L.; Intelsius; IGH Holdings, Inc.; Envirotainer; DS Smith and va Q tec AG among others.
Research Methodology: Global Temperature Controlled Primary Packaging Solutions Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved