Global Thin Film Coatings Market By Coating Material (Ceramic, Metal), End- Use (Electronics, Medical Device, Military & Defence, Packaging, Aerospace, Automotive, Others), Type of Coating (Anti-Reflection Coatings, Infrared Coatings, Visible Coatings, Ultraviolet Coatings (UV), Filter coatings, Conductive Coatings, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Thin Film Coatings Market
Global Thin Film Coatings Market is set to witness a stable CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains the data of base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Due to wide range of application of thin film coatings is the major factor for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Thin Film Coatings Market
Thin film coating is usually applied on the substrate to improve the reflexive and traverse properties. They are usually acquired by CVD (Chemical Vapor Deposition), PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition), and Sputtering. They are widely used in industries like medical, packaging, aerospace, automotive etc. These days there is increasing demand for optically coated glass which is the major factor fuelling the market growth.
- Increasing demand for the optically coated glass is driving the growth of this market
- Rising usage of thin film coating in automotive industry is driving the market growth.
- High investment cost of thin film coating is restraining the growth of this market
- Lack of R&D is another factor restraining the market
Segmentation: Global Thin Film Coatings Market
- By Coating Material
- By End- Use
- Medical Device
- Military & Defence
- By Type of Coating
- Anti-Reflection Coatings
- Infrared Coatings
- Visible Coatings
- Ultraviolet Coatings (UV)
- Filter coatings
- Conductive Coatings
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Oerlikon announced that they have acquired DIARC Technology. The main aim of the acquisition is to expand their range of services and their portfolio for surface treatments. They want to expand themselves in the automotive industry and increase the services that they provide to their customers
- In September 2018, Beneq Corporation announced that they have acquired all the shares of the Beneq Oy which will help them to expand their business and additional investments in industrial ALD thin film solutions and transparent displays. They want to improve the productivity and improve the sales and marketing.
Global thin film coatings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of thin film coatings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in thin film coatings market are Materion Corporation, IDEX, Torr Scientific Ltd, Reynard Corporation, Oerlikon Balzers, ULVAC-PHI; INCORPORATED., EP LABORATORIES, INC., ThinFilms Inc., Micro Point Pro Ltd (MPP), Alluxa, Precision Optical, IHI HAUZER B.V., LAM RESEARCH CORPORATION, CVD Equipment Corporation, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
Research Methodology: Global Thin Film Coatings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved