Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market By Material (Electrodes, Electrolytes, Substrates, Current Collectors), Chargeability (Single Use Battery, Rechargeable Battery), Voltage Rate (Below 1.5 V, Between 1.5 V and 3 V, Above 3 V), Application (Smart Packaging, Wearable Devices, Smart Cards, Wireless Communication, Consumer Electronics, Entertainment), Geographical Segments (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
The Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market is expected to reach USD 2,399.78 million by 2025 from USD 414.13 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 24.55% in the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
Thin films act as a thin layer on a supporting material or a coating which is set down in a single layer of one atom. During completing the requirement of application, they offer less range while processing with little usage of material. Printed battery come in a thin, flexible shape and can be used in wearable devices, smart watch and many more. According to Statista, the consumer electronic segment amounts to USD 301,311 million in 2018 in which most of the revenue is generated from china. As per the Packaging SA South, in 2015, Africa consumed around 3.5 million tonnes of all packaging material, out of which 57% was used for recycling and other purpose. Thus, the above facts proves that the electronics and packaging industry is growing and will derive demand of thin film and printed battery for the manufacturing of various products.
Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Growing need in the healthcare
- Rising demand for wearable devices
- Need of standardization for the development in thin film and printed battery
- Shortage of printed ink material
Market Segmentation: Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
- The market is based on material, chargeability, voltage rate and application.
- Based on material, the market is segmented into electrodes, electrolytes, substrates, current collectors and others.
- Based on chargeability, the market is segmented into single use battery and rechargeable battery. Single use battery is sub segmented into thin film and single use printed battery. Rechargeable battery is sub segmented into rechargeable thin film battery and rechargeable printed battery.
- Based on voltage rate, the market is segmented into below 1.5 V, between 1.5 V and 3 V and above 3 V.
- Based on application, the market is segmented into smart packaging, wearable devices, smart cards, wireless communication, consumer electronics, entertainment and others. Smart packaging is sub segmented into RFID tags and smart labels. Wearable devices is sub segmented into smartwatches, drug delivery systems, fitness bands, pacemakers, cosmetic and medical patches and smart glasses. Wireless communication is sub segmented into wireless sensor networks. Consumer electronics is sub segmented into low drain devices. Entertainment is sub segmented into toys and greeting cards. Other types of applications consist of backup power and energy harvesting.
- Based on geography, the market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
The global thin film and printed battery is fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market in order to sustain in long run. The report includes market shares of thin film and printed battery market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Key Players: Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
The renowned players in thin film and printed battery market are Samsung SDI Co., Ltd., Ultralife Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Brightvolt Inc., Enfucell OY, Excellatron, IMPRINT ENERGY, Blue Spark Technologies, STMicroelectronics, NEC ENERGY SOLUTIONS, Protoflex Corporation, Jenax Inc., Cymbet, Flexel, Prelonic technologies, and ProLogium Technology Co., Ltd., Blue Spark Technologies, Enable IPC Corporation, Powerid, Limited, Thin Film Electronics ASA, Varta Microbattery Gmbh, Ultralife Corporation among others.
Research Methodology: Global Thin Film and Printed Battery Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among other.