Global Thymidine Kinase-2 Deficiency Treatment Market By Related Disorders (Autosomal Dominant Optic Atrophy (ADOA), Leigh’s Disease, Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex Deficiency (PDCD/PDH), Others), Phenotype (Infantile-Onset Myopathy, Childhood-Onset Myopathy, Late-Onset Myopathy, Others), Diagnosis (Genetic Tests, Muscle Biopsy, Others), Therapy (Supportive Therapy, Targeted Therapy, Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Thymidine Kinase-2 Deficiency Treatment Market
Global thymidine kinase-2 deficiency treatment market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Rising prevalence of thymidine kinase-2 deficiency disorder is driving the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Thymidine Kinase-2 Deficiency Treatment Market
Thymidine kinase-2 deficiency is an inherited chronic disorder caused by deficiency of thymidine kinase-2 enzyme. It is a rare clinical condition and can affect multiple body parts. The most common signs and symptoms of this disorder are muscle weakness, exercise intolerance and fatigue. Currently there is no effective treatment is available for this disorder.
In United States, the prevalence of thymidine kinase-2 deficiency and other mitochondrial diseases is 1 in 5,000 people. Most of the cases are misdiagnosed or undiagnosed. The occurrence of the disease in males and females is equal.
- Increasing prevalence of mitochondrial disorders such as thymidine kinase-2 deficiency and there potential effects on next generation by genetic transmission drives the market growth
- Approval of novel drug molecules from the regulatory agencies is propelling the market in the forecast period
- Presence of several drugs in pipeline for the treatment of the disease is expected to boost the market growth
- High investment in research and development of therapies and treatments by government and non-government organizations is escalating the market in the near future
- High cost of research and development hampers the market growth
- Stringent regulatory requirements for the approval of novel therapies will challenge the growth of market
- Lack of awareness and knowledge about the disease and its treatments is a major restrain for the market growth
Segmentation: Global Thymidine Kinase-2 Deficiency Treatment Market
By Related Disorders
- Autosomal Dominant Optic Atrophy (ADOA)
- Leigh’s Disease
- Pyruvate Dehydrogenase Complex Deficiency (PDCD/PDH)
- Infantile-Onset Myopathy
- Childhood-Onset Myopathy
- Late-Onset Myopathy
- Genetic Tests
- Muscle Biopsy
- Supportive Therapy
- Targeted Therapy
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In September 2019, Zogenix acquired Modis Therapeutics. The purpose of this acquisition is to develop and commercialize MT1621 to its late-stage pipeline. MT1621 is a novel investigational deoxynucleoside substrate enhancement therapy to treat Thymidine Kinase 2 deficiency (TK2d)
- In February 2019, Modis Therapeutics received Breakthrough Therapy designation from U.S. FDA for MT1621, an investigational deoxynucleoside combination therapy used for the treatment of patients with thymidine kinase-2 deficiency (TK2d)
Global thymidine kinase-2 deficiency treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of thymidine kinase-2 deficiency treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in global thymidine kinase-2 deficiency treatment market are Zogenix, Modis Therapeutics, CENTOGENE AG, GeneDx, NeuroVive Pharmaceuticals AB, Gino Cortopassi, Khondrion BV, Mitobridge, Inc., Reata Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Stealth BioTherapeutics Inc., Jupiter Orphan Therapeutics, Inc., Akron Children's Hospital, Astellas Pharma Inc., B-MoGen Biotechnologies, Inc., Copenhagen Neuromuscular Center, Horizon Therapeutics plc, Intercept Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Biovista, Aadi Bioscience, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Thymidine Kinase-2 Deficiency Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global thymidine kinase-2 deficiency treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players