Global Traction Transformer (Onboard) Market By Rolling Stock (Electric Locomotives, High-speed Trains, Metros), Mounting Position (Underframe, Machine Room, Roof), Overhead Line Voltage (AC, DC), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 ;
Market Analysis: Global Traction Transformer (Onboard) Market
Global traction transformer (onboard) market is to register a substantial CAGR of 5.30% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the rising concern about carbon emission, liberalization of rail transport network, and significant government funding for railway infrastructure development.
Market Definition: Global Traction Transformer (Onboard) Market
Traction transformers onboard are equipment used in the railway industry. This transformer fulfills the particular role of supplying railway electric vehicles with power supply. There are tedious requirements to place the transformer and the unit must satisfy the mechanical constraints of the train's heavy load. The size, power rating and transformer weight vary enormously depending on the train supply system requirement.
- Call for the railway electric vehicles in addition to the rate effectiveness of the usage of such a vehicle, drives the market growth
- Major government capital for railway infrastructure development, fosters the growth of the market
- Liberalization of rail transport network, is driving the growth of the market
- Rising concern about carbon emission, is helping the market to grow
- Difficulty of implementation of the device as well as the cost of such device, restraints the growth of the market
- Dominance of diesel-powered rail engines in certain countries, hinders the market growth
- High cost of electrification, hampers the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Traction Transformer (Onboard) Market
By Rolling Stock
- Electric Locomotives
- Freight Locomotives
- Passenger Locomotives
- High-Speed Trains
By Mounting Position
- Machine Room
By Overhead Line Voltage
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In November 2018, Alstom launched traction transformer production in Astana, Kazakhstan. EKZ becomes a significant worldwide supplier of these components for Alstom by introducing the manufacturing of traction transformers. The ability will be 300 transformers per year as expected.
- In May 2017, ABB launched traction transformer plant in S.A. This system will generate traction transformers to assist energy trains and the increasing railway network in South Africa. This launch is an expansion for the company and will also provide employment.
Global traction transformer (onboard) market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of traction transformer (onboard) market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global traction transformer (onboard) market are ABB, Alstom, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Siemens, EMCO Limited., Hind Rectifiers Limited, International Electric Co., Ltd, ORBCOMM, M&I Materials Ltd., Toshiba India Pvt. Ltd., MORNSUN Guangzhou Science & Technology Co.,Ltd., Operation Technology, Inc., BTB Plaza Ltd, JST Transformateurs S.A., Setrans Holding, Wilson Transformer Company Pty, GENERAL ELECTRIC, Gujarat Transformers Pvt, Ltd., among others.
Research Methodology: Global Traction Transformer (Onboard) Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved