Global Trauma Devices Market By Type (Internal Fixators, External Fixators), Composition (Metallic Fixators, Bioabsorbable Fixators), Surgical Site (Upper Extremity, Lower Extremity), End-Use (Hospitals, Trauma Centers, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Trauma Devices Market
Global trauma devices market is expected to register a substantial CAGR of 6.65% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant innovations and technological trends prevalent throughout the healthcare industry.
Market Definition: Global Trauma Devices Market
Trauma devices are medical devices that are utilized in the surgical treatment or correction of physical trauma caused to patient. Physical trauma is categorized into blunt force trauma which results in concussions, broken or crushed bones, cuts or penetrating trauma which causes the opening of a wound in the patient’s body. These devices are designed for the treatment or correction of these injuries and wounds helping reduce the pain caused to the patient.
- Significant rise of geriatric population giving rise to rising incidences of trauma cases; this factor is expected to propel the growth of the market
- High growth associated with road incidents and accidents worldwide; this factor is expected to boost the growth of the market
- Enhanced levels of expenditure being incurred on further research & development for the healthcare products, solutions and services by various organizations also acts as a market driver
- Preference and adoption of minimally invasive surgical methods will uplift the market growth
- Increasing pressure from various end-users and authorities on reduction of prices for these medical devices acts as a restricting factor for this market growth
- Dearth of technically skilled professionals required for successful operating of these devices and equipments will also impede the growth of this market
- Lack of awareness regarding these products from the developing regions of the world along with increasing cost of trauma-based surgical procedures is another factor hindering the market growth
Segmentation: Global Trauma Devices Market
- Internal Fixators
- Plates & Screws
- Cannulated Screws
- Compression Hip Screws
- Intramedullary Hip Screws
- Rods & Pins
- Fusion Nails
- Intramedullary Nails
- Cerclage Cables & Trochanteric Grips
- External Fixators
- Uniplanar & Biplanar Fixators
- Staple Fixation
- Circular Fixators
- Hybrid Fixators
- Metallic Fixators
- Bioabsorbable Fixators
By Surgical Site
- Upper Extremity
- Hand & Wrist
- Lower Extremity
- Hip & Pelvis
- Lower Leg
- Foot & Ankle
- Trauma Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In November 2018, Colfax Corporation announced that they had agreed to acquire DJO Global Inc. for approximately USD 3.15 billion. This acquisition will enable Colfax Corporation to diversify their business offerings and enhance their business model helping establish a significant presence in high-pressure orthopedic products in the industry
- In October 2018, Arthrosurface announced the launch of their U.S. FDA approved “OVOMotion Shoulder Arthroplasty System” combined with Inlay Glenoid. This system helps the physicians gain significant control in a procedure resulting in enhanced level of exposure of glenoid while reducing the levels of bone removal helping patients suffering from significant pain caused by trauma, arthritis or avascular necrosis
Global trauma devices market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of trauma devices market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global trauma devices market are Kinamed Incorporated; Stryker; Colfax Corporation; Medical Devices Business Services, Inc.; Zimmer Biomet; Smith+Nephew; Wright Medical Group N.V.; Advanced Orthopaedic Solutions; Integra LifeSciences Corporation; Acumed LLC; Bioretec Oy; aap Implantate AG; B. Braun Melsungen AG; Medtronic; Waldemar Link GmbH & Co. KG; CONMED Corporation; Corin; Double Medical Technology Inc.; Medartis AG; Orthofix Holdings, Inc.; Arthrosurface; Ortho Max Manufacturing Company Pvt. Ltd. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Trauma Devices Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global trauma devices market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)