Global Tunable Laser Market, By Type (Solid State Tunable Lasers, Gas Tunable Lasers, Fiber Tunable Lasers, Liquid Tunable Lasers, Free-Electron Laser (FEL), Nanoseconds Pulsed OPO, Others), Technology (External Cavity Diode Laser, Distributed Bragg Reflector Laser (DBR), Distributed Feedback Laser (DFB), Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSELs), Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMS), Others), Wavelength (Less Than 1000 nm, 1000nm-1500nm, More than 1500nm), Application (Micro Processing, Drilling, Cutting, Welding, Engraving and Marking, Communication, Others), End User (Electronics and Semiconductors, Automotive, Aerospace, Telecommunication and Networking Devices, Medical, Manufacturing, Packaging, Others), Sales Channel (OEM, Aftermarket), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, Italy, U.K., France, Spain, Netherland, Belgium, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, Rest of Europe, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of South America, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The tunable laser market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.9% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 16,686.16 million by 2028.
Tunable lasers offer the ability to tune the output wavelength as per the use of the application. Some tunable lasers offer high-speed tuning and are termed as wavelength agile or frequency agile. Tunable lasers generally operate in a continuous fashion through a small emission bandwidth. However, some lasers also offer the ability to shift the lines in the optical spectrum or the envelope of the frequency comb.
The recent pandemic has increased the need of developments in the healthcare sector and government is spending heavily in order to provide technological advancement to the sector, this in turn will lead to various advancements in medical devices and high requirement of tunable lasers, thus boosting the growth of the tunable laser market. The technical complexities present in tunable laser are therefore acting as major restraint for the growth of the tunable laser market. The new advancing technologies being launched by various market players in addition to advancement in tunable laser are creating new opportunities for the growth of the tunable laser market. The lasers are used for various purposes such as welding, cutting and marking and any improper operation without safety gear can lead to major injury, hence acting as a major challenge for the growth of the tunable laser market.
This tunable laser market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The tunable laser market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on the type, technology, wavelength, application, end user and sales channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the tunable laser market has been segmented into solid state tunable lasers, gas tunable lasers, fiber tunable lasers, liquid tunable lasers, free-electron laser (FEL), nanoseconds pulsed OPO and others. In 2021, solid state tunable lasers segment dominates the market with the largest market share owing to its feature of offering additional freedom in the laser system design.
- On the basis of technology, the tunable laser market has been segmented into external cavity diode laser, distributed bragg reflector laser (DBR), distributed feedback laser (DFB), vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSELs), micro electro mechanical system (MEMS) and others. In 2021, external cavity diode laser segment holds the largest market share as they provide wide tuning range (greater than 40 nm) and despite of the low tuning speed, it can take tens of milliseconds to change wavelengths which in result enhance its utilization rate in optical test and measurement equipment.
- On the basis of wavelength, the tunable laser market has been segmented into less than 1000 nm, 1000nm-1500nm and more than 1500nm. In 2021, 1000nm-1500nm segment augment the market with maximum market share due to the excellent quantum efficiency and high fibre coupling efficiency.
- On the basis of application, the tunable laser market has been segmented into micro processing, drilling, cutting, welding, engraving and marking, communication and others. In 2021, communication segment dominates the market with the largest market share due to the increase in the growth of optical communication in which tunable laser will help in managing the wavelength, improving the network efficiency and in developing the next generation optical networks.
- On the basis of end user, the tunable laser market has been segmented into electronics and semiconductors, automotive, aerospace, telecommunication and networking devices, medical, manufacturing, packaging and others. In 2021, telecommunication and networking devices segment holds the largest market share as tunable laser helps in increasing the network intelligence, functionality and efficiency.
- On the basis of sales channel, the tunable laser market has been segmented into OEM and aftermarket. In 2021, OEM segment is dominating the market as buying laser machine from OEM tends to be more cost effective and with the utmost quality assurance which are considered to be the prime factor while buying any product from OEM.
The tunable Laser market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, technology, wavelength, application, end user and sales channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the global tunable laser market report are the U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific (APAC) in the Asia-Pacific (APAC), Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa (MEA) as a part of Middle East and Africa (MEA), Brazil, Argentina and Rest of South America as part of South America.
China accounted for maximum share in the tunable laser market due to presence of large optic communication industries. The investments in IoT things are huge in this region which makes it large in tunable laser market. The U.S. is dominating country in North America region due to increasing growth in technical advancement in laser sources system. Germany is dominating the European region for tunable laser market due to high presence of market leaders in the region.
The country section of the tunable laser market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Tunable Laser
The tunable Laser market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in tunable laser and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the tunable laser market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Tunable Laser Market Share Analysis
The tunable laser market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to tunable laser market.
Some of the major players operating in the tunable laser market report are Daylight Solutions (A Subsidiary of Leonardo DRS), EKSPLA, HÜBNER Photonics, TOPTICA Photonics AG, Keysight Technologies, Luna Innovations Incorporated, LUMIBIRD, II-VI Incorporated, NeoPhotonics Corporation, SANTEC CORPORATION, EXFO Inc., Thorlabs, Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., Newport Corporation (A Subsidiary of MKS Instruments), Lumentum Operations LLC, Radiant Light S.L., Freedom Photonics LLC, Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Tech. Co., Ltd., Sacher Lasertechnik GmbH, AMETEK, Inc., Coherent, Inc. among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of tunable laser market.
- In December 2020, Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Tech. Co., Ltd. announced the launch of a Multi-channel Fiber Coupled Laser. The new lasers offered the capability of combining 2 to 6 wavelengths into a system and output from the optical fiber of each channel. The new product strengthened the product portfolio of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for tunable laser through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Global Tunable Laser Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.